Backend Engineer (Rails) at Great Question
About the role
Great Question is hiring Backend Engineers with experience in Ruby on Rails to help us on our mission to democratize user research. Through our all in one research tool we help companies talk to their customers more to ensure they build software that people want.
A well-funded seed-stage startup (backed by Y Combinator and Funders Club) with strong growth, we're looking for experienced engineers to join our high performing, fully remote team.
This is an huge opportunity to get in early, work on an interesting problem, have a huge impact on the technology and culture of an early stage company, and shape the future of how teams build software through research.
This is a remote role open to anyone able to work within PST +- 5 hrs.
As an early member of our engineering team, you'll be crucial asset in our journey.
- Build out and improve our internal and public API.
- Own large third party integrations (e.g. GSuite, Zoom, Slack, Salesforce).
- Develop custom data integration solutions for enterprise customers.
- Monitor and manage performance, uptime and infrastructure.
- Shape the culture and processes of our engineering team.
- Drive key technology and architectural designs across the entire platform.
- Grow with the company - opportunity to dive deep technically or move into management.
- Be intimately involved in business and product decisions.
- Learn from experienced startup founders (10 years experience, 2 previous exits)
- Bias for action. The right technical decisions are important but what's more important to delivering customer value.
- Customer centric. You care about building the right thing and are willing to connect with real users to validate your assumptions.
- High conviction. When you're in, you're all in. You take pride in work and are passionate about delivering your best work.
- 4+ years professional experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Professional experienced with building and maintaining web applications.
- Bonus points for experience with React + Typescript.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team and help us build our vision? We'd love to hear about you!
Why you should join Great Question
Great Question is a customer research platform that makes it easy to do research with your own customers - whether it’s customer interviews, surveys or prototype tests - and share what you learn with your team.
Founded by serial entrepreneurs Ned Dwyer & PJ Murray, we’re backed by Y Combinator and on a mission to democratize research.
We launched our beta in February 2021 with a bang - customers like Adidas Runtastic, Linktree & MainStreet all use and love our product.