Senior Software Engineer at Gridware
About the role
Gridware’s mission is to create a future where suburban wildfires are a thing of the past. We provide a truly full-stack (hardware + firmware + software) solution for real-time monitoring of America's power distribution grid. The system centers around low-cost hardware platforms that are easily and permanently deployed to power poles. The platform detects and predicts faults that ignite wildfires, expedites repairs during power outages, and helps utilities demonstrate risk reduction to regulators through comprehensive asset health profiles.
Gridware’s technology is designed to unlock essential values for other adjacent verticals. Our unique positioning allows us to solve some of the world’s most burning challenges -- from helping policy makers make data-driven infrastructure decisions to helping farmers overcome micro-climate challenges. While others turn a blind eye to these aged and highly-regulated industries, we at Gridware believe it’s our duty to find win-for-all scenarios that lead to a prosperous future for coming generations.
Gridware is a privately-held company with funding from major investors such as Y Combinator, True Ventures, and Fifty Years, as well as the California Energy Commission. Spun out of the Citris Foundry at UC Berkeley, we now operate in Walnut Creek, California.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and test cloud technology stack all the way from data-ingestion to user interface
- Work with the product team to storybook client needs and create user interfaces as we engage with utility customers all over the continent
- Plan for scaling cloud systems to support large-scale fleet deployments and multi-region operations
- Help translate high-level company objectives into relevant and effective cloud infrastructure solutions
- Thrive in a tightly-integrated, lightning-paced team of high-energy and deeply committed individuals.
- Great understanding of networking, security, server, build, and storage fundamentals
- Familiarity with hosting solutions such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Experience with full-stack web frameworks such as ReactJS, Ruby on Rails, PHP Laravel Livewire, Elixir Phoenix Liveview, etc.
- Experience designing front-end clients and user interfaces that cater to customer need
Our employees enjoy working in a mission-driven environment to save lives and create a future without wildfires. Beyond that, we offer competitive benefits that help them to thrive and grow. These benefits include:
- An attractive salary with bonus plan
- Health insurance plan
- Flexible working hours
- Stock option plan
Gridware is an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.