React Software Engineer at H1
About the role
At H1 we are creating a healthier future by delivering a platform that connects stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem for greater collaboration and discovery.
About the Product Engineering Team We are the team of Engineers that build all the products that H1 offers. We are constantly striving to deliver world class experience to our users and help them to realize the full potential of the H1 global database. Our customers have questions and we help them by providing an easy and intuitive way to get what they are looking for. We are a team of highly motivated and curious people who strive for continuous improvement of the experience we offer to our customers.
The Role As a full stack engineer, you are going to be focused on helping us deliver the features that help our customers get the info they are seeking on a daily basis. You will partner with the product manager, engineering manager, and other cross-functional groups to solve complex problems to deliver a best in class experience on time. You will both mentor and guide the existing team plus be a critical leader in shaping the adoption of a new architecture and the team to support it.
You You are an experienced full stack engineer who is as comfortable delivering high quality code as performing code reviews and pair programming. You are someone who delights in the delivery of product innovation. Your natural inclination is to work collaboratively, to be transparent and seek and give feedback continuously.
What You’ll Do at H1
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from design, product, data, and engineering in order to deliver against roadmap objectives.
- Design, implement and deliver the solutions as product features
- Design with performance and security in mind, and always consider non-functional requirements such as rapid delivery, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers.
- Work with experienced designers to ensure a first-class user experience that is performance-optimized.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- Own your contributions from planning through, coding, testing, and releasing your work
What Kind of Team Member are You?
- 3+ years of experience with full cycle application development
- Good understanding of design principles, OOPs, and Design Patterns
- A good understanding of system performance and security hardening
- Ability to analyze current infrastructure and provide paths forward for improvement.
- Experience with evaluating, piloting and recommending tools, technologies and processes to ensure development of scalable, extensible, secure and high-quality software solutions is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Multitasking ability with good organizing skills
- Embraces Agile methodologies and consistent communication
- Someone who values documenting their work to allow them the opportunity to fight the next great fight, while others can pick up on their prior work
- Someone who values test automation and contributes to code coverage and key automated tests
- Experience with frontend technologies and modern JS frameworks (preferably React)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Developer Operations (Kubernetes, AWS) React.js, Node.js, Typescript, SQL Server, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Strong product intuition and business analysis abilities
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- A full suite of health insurance options, in addition to Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible work hours & the opportunity to work from anywhere, with optional commuter benefits
- Investment in your success by providing you with the skills, knowledge, and mentorship to make you successful
- An opportunity to work with leading biotech and life sciences companies, in an innovative industry with a mission to improve healthcare around the globe
H1 Insights is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why you should join H1
Founded in 2017, H1 is helping connect the healthcare ecosystem with data. We have the largest dataset of every doctor in the world, ranked, benchmarked, and priorities for which doctor industry should work with when developing drugs.