Sr. Full Stack Developer at H1
About the role
As H1 continues to scale, so does our mission of creating a healthier future. H1 ranks as yCombinators Top companies in 2021. Following an incredible year (Crunchbase: H1 Closes On $58M Series B), we are looking for someone who can join us and help make sure we can continue to provide this amazing user experience at scale.
About the Product Engineering Team
Product Engineering is responsible for the development and delivery of our consumer-facing applications. Today, that includes enterprise SaaS web applications but will be expanding into mobile within the year. Our applications are a window into our knowledge base of millions of healthcare professional profiles and their affiliations. The product engineering team builds the applications that allow our customers to search and visualize information to make rapid, business-critical decisions.
As a Senior Engineer on the Product Engineering team, you will help guide our feature product's technical strategy and architecture, H1 Curie. You will be working with stakeholders across the engineering, data, and product organizations to support your team in delivering the best scalable, stable, and high-quality healthcare data application in the market.
You are a builder.
You love to get your hands dirty. You view tech stacks holistically and understand how each system dovetails to the other. The H1 core product is built with Typescript, React, Node.JS, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, and AWS. You are not afraid to use modern tools and enjoy working in a modern tech stack.
You are a teammate.
Being part of a team is a requirement for you. You appreciate working together, solving problems, and iterating to become something better. You like unblocking people, furthering their understanding, and accepting feedback professionally. You understand that delivering the best solution to the customer requires teamwork.
You are an owner.
You take pride in your work, so you feel responsible for your slice of the codebase. You have high standards. You monitor your code and make sure that it is reliable and performant.
You are a student.
You understand that as an engineer, you never stop learning. You enjoy learning new things and exploring ideas. You will adopt new technologies tempered by due diligence.
Join us and help create a healthier future!
- Build a world-class user experience.
- Guide the technical strategy and architecture of our feature core product.
- Design engineering architecture for our frontends, APIs, services, and databases.
- Work cross-functionally across the engineering, data, and product organizations to support your team in delivering the best healthcare data application in the market.
- Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor the team in these practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from design, product, data, and engineering in order to deliver against roadmap objectives including defining objectives and driving new architecture.
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Get your hands dirty by building features as one of the members of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in building all-star products within top-tier engineering teams.
- Experience with our core technologies: Typescript, React, NodeJS, GraphQL, ElasticSearch, AWS.
- Experience with databases like PostgreSQL.
- Software management tools such as Git, JIRA, and CircleCI.
- Developer Operations, deploying to systems like Netlify, AWS, and Kubernetes
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance (Medical and Dental)
- Unlimited Vacation/Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Hours
- Computer Setup
- Commuter Benefits
- Stock Options
Founded in 2017, H1 is a global healthcare technology company that brings data to the pharmaceutical industry. We use technology and design to bring our clients action-driven content, which provides comprehensive and strategic insights to drive decision-making. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate engineers, scientists, designers, and more that work together to make the impossible, possible.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in India (and post-pandemic - Singapore, Europe (location TBD), Boston, and San Francisco), H1 is changing the way Healthcare professionals connect. We’ve been named one of Forbes Best Startup Employers -2021. Visit h1insights.com to learn more about us.
Why you should join H1
Founded in 2017, H1 is helping connect the healthcare ecosystem with data. We have the largest dataset of every doctor in the world, ranked, benchmarked, and priorities for which doctor industry should work with when developing drugs.