Lead Product Designer at H1
About the role
At H1 we are creating a healthier future by delivering a platform that connects stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem for greater collaboration and discovery. We believe providing a trusted and single source of truth for healthcare professional information will power connections in healthcare - and that these connections will lead us to a healthier future.
Visit h1.co to learn more about us.
Design At H1
Designers are crucial to the success of H1. They participate in strategic decisions/solutions, lead the full lifecycle of their designs across all platforms, collaborate with product managers on strategy, participate in research to discover solutions and validate designs, and consult with engineering to make their ideas come to life. Our team is small and nimble, yet growing fast with backing of executive leadership. A “seat at the table” isn’t a question at H1, it’s implied in the organizational structure. Team leads from design, product, and tech drive product pods forward to achieve product goals and milestones.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AT H1
- You’ll drive the evolution of our product and will work with stakeholders across the organization and directly with our customers to understand our users, their goals, and how we can empower them through our product.
- You’ll lead visual exploration of novel data visualizations across the core product experience.
- You’ll engage in research and discovery efforts, develop hypotheses and work with your product management partners to set priorities.
- You’ll promote and evangelize consistency and coherence across our design system, and identify areas for improvements.
- You'll lead cross-functional product solutions in collaboration with Product, Research, Engineering, and Customer Success to help identify the needs of our customers, tirelessly iterate, and ship world-class solutions.
- You collaborate seamlessly with Product, Research, and Engineering to shape new opportunities.
- You deeply understand H1’s vision and can tie all design activities toward strategic goals.
- You have expert-level experience designing and implementing interactive data visualizations.
- You have the ability to perform in large, highly complex, and ambiguous projects.
- You over-invest in the visual and interaction portion of your work and consider yourself a craftsperson.
- You’re clear and concise in explaining your thought process and in enumerating the tradeoffs made in your work.
- You develop strong and effective working relationships with designers and cross-functional peers.
- You're proactive in seeking out mentorship and are open and receptive to feedback.
- You collaborate with cross-functional peers, navigate the messy middle of the work, converging/diverging, assessing constraints and risk, and ultimately de-risking the ideal solution path.
- You can mentor and guide fellow designers with less experience than yourself.
- You’re flexible and willing to help where needed, even when it’s unexpected because you understand the greater goals and vision.
- You collaborate with cross-functional peers to shape the experience roadmap for projects.
- You have experience working with a broader design team to identify opportunities to improve the utility, usability, and desirability of business-critical experiences.
- You have a growth mindset when it comes to increasing your own efficiency in planning, decision making, and pragmatic management of design debt.
- You are comfortable facilitating meetings and ensure all the voices in the room are heard.
- You have 7+ years of professional experience designing experiences involving data visualization (this isn’t your first rodeo).
- You have deep knowledge of data visualization frameworks and tools (D3, Google Charts, etc).
- You’re an incredible communicator and collaborator.
- You enjoy taking an active role in the development process.
- You have tactical experience and expertise in best practices with technical toolsets including...Figma, Material design language, cross-platform systems, WCAG compliance HTML/CSS & Data visualization libraries
- Bonus: Front-end development libraries (e.g. React)
Not meeting all the requirements but still feel like you’d be a great fit? Tell us how you can contribute to our team in a cover letter!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive pay with potential performance based increases every 6 months.
- Health Insurance (Medical and Dental).
- Unlimited Vacation/Paid Time Off.
- Flexible Work Hours.
- Computer Setup.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Stock Options.
A FEW MORE REASON YOU WANT TO WORK HERE
- We are a fast growing startup in an exciting growth stage, focused on increasing access to healthcare data to make patients healthier.
- You want to commit yourself to professional growth, surrounding yourself with teammates that hold a high professional standard for delivering client value.
- We invest in your success by providing you with the skills, knowledge, and mentorship to make you successful.
- We work with leading biopharmaceutical companies, in an innovative industry with a mission to improve healthcare around the globe.
H1 Insights is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’re interested in a fast-paced and exciting work environment at a growing company, we encourage you to apply!
Why you should join H1
Founded in 2017, H1 is helping connect the healthcare ecosystem with data. We have the largest dataset of every doctor in the world, ranked, benchmarked, and priorities for which doctor industry should work with when developing drugs.