Principal Manufacturing Engineer at H3X Technologies
About the role
At H3X, we are developing advanced electric propulsion systems to enable sustainable aviation. Our first product is a 250kW (330HP) integrated motor drive in a 18kg (40lb) package. It combines the electric motor, inverter, and gearbox into a single unit, resulting in an ultra-high-power density solution for electric aircraft. We have over $100M in LOIs for this unit already and are ready to hit the ground running.
We are looking to hire a Principal Manufacturing Engineer who will manage the production and process development of the HPDM-250 hardware. You should be experienced in the entire product development cycle including requirements definition, design, and manufacturing as you will be highly involved in all stages of the process. You will be a key part of the core engineering team and will have a direct impact on the trajectory of the company.
REQUIREMENTS / CONCEPT
- Evaluate novel manufacturing processes for performance and viability
DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
- Provide manufacturability feedback to design team
- Implement design changes that improve manufacturability
- Manage & design production tooling development
PROTOTYPE AND MANUFACTURING
- Scale HPDM-250 production from small to larger volumes
- Supply chain evaluation
- Bill of Materials documentation management
- Create assembly files, detailed drawings, and build instructions for manufacturing team/partners
- Develop and implement quality control processes, procedures, and tests (e.g. PPAP)
- Hire other world-class engineers & technicians to support your team
- High intelligence, high energy, and high integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/industrial Engineering OR 10+ years of manufacturing experience
- Proficiency in a CAD software package (SolidWorks preferred) and PDM systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience in design for manufacturability
- Experience with GD&T standards (e.g. ASME Y14.5)
- Excellent written and verbal communicator to effectively share knowledge and build the collective mindshare of the company
- Organized and obsessive attention to detail: no room for oversight when manufacturing flight-critical systems
- Humble and open-minded: willingness to accept feedback, learn, and consistently improve upon yourself and the products for which you will be responsible
- A high degree of emotional intelligence: ability to collaborate closely with coworkers in a respectful and empathetic manner
- Fundamentally curious and motivated my first principles
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Experience designing and delivering flight qualified aerospace parts
- Experience establishing production lines for electronic systems
- Experience developing novel manufacturing processes
- Experience managing a team of technicians
- Experience with DO-160G / DO-254 / FAA Part 33 qualification
- Experience with AS9100 supply chain practices
- Experience with maintaining tooling calibration program
- Employee equity incentive plan
- Flexible hours (deliverable-based goals)
- Flexible-time off (just need manager approval)
- Health insurance: Medical, vision, and dental
- Mental health coverage
- Relocation package
- Epic/ICON Ski & Snowboard Pass provided
- Stipend for gym membership
- Company laptop
- Weekly company happy hours
H3X is a venture-capital backed startup company. In April 2021, we closed a $4M seed round led by Metaplanet, Y Combinator, Liquid 2 Ventures, Soma Capital, and other top VCs around the world. We are well-funded, have significant runway, and are continuing to grow our world-class team. We're looking for top 1% engineers who know how to move fast and get things done.
H3X is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Why you should join H3X Technologies
H3X is a venture-capital backed startup company. In April 2021, we closed a $4M seed round led by Metaplanet, Y Combinator, Liquid 2 Ventures, Soma Capital, and other top VCs around the world. We are well-funded, with significant runway, and are continuing to grow our world-class team. We're looking for top 1% engineers who are the best in their field and know how to move fast and get things done.