Senior Product Designer at Hatch
About the role
Hatch is looking for a self-motivated Product Designer with excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced, successful startup environment. You will have a keen eye for sleek, modern, lean application design and proven experience making strategic product decisions.
What You’ll Do
-Gather and understand business & user needs where needed
-Create information architecture diagrams.
-Build out detailed annotated wireframes.
-High/low fidelity prototypes.
-Wide range of strategic UI Product deliverables.
-Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible assets that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
-Create detailed wireframes, information architecture diagrams, mental models, personae, usability testing stimulus, site maps, storyboards, user flows and high / low fidelity prototypes along with a wide range of UX assets and deliverables
-Work closely with team leads to drive best digital experiences through all phases of product development, ship, and iterate
-Effectively act on feedback, user testing results and learning’s to improve assets, products and services
-Brainstorm, ideate, and iterate as needed
-Work in collaboration with key project team members, including user experience researchers, product owners, tech leads, developers, strategy, PM, and visual design
-Be a passionate advocate for the user, ground ideas in data driven solutions by partnering with our User Experience
-Research team to incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
-Ensure adherence to design best practices, standards, brand consistency
What You Bring to the Table
-3+ years UX / Interaction experience designing consumer facing applications, websites and mobile experiences
-Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences
-Exceptional skills in ideation, sketching, concepting, brainstorming, and UX asset production
-Ability to create low fidelity usable prototypes
-Fluency with design tools, most notably Sketch, Invision, Figma and/or other UX & prototyping software
-Experience designing responsively across devices
-Strong communication skills
-Clear and confident communicator with an affinity for visual storytelling
-Portfolio showing breadth of UX Design work
Hatch is the fastest growing and only Y Combinator backed company based in Richmond, VA. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including Paid Time Off and Medical, Dental, and Vision. In addition, we offer the unique opportunity to fine tune your startup skillset within a Hyper Growth SaaS company. We are a team of passionate, driven, customer obsessed people who strive to provide the best solution for our customers and are guided by our 10 Hatchitudes. We take pride in providing not only the best product, but the best experience for our customers. We thrive in chaos and will not settle for anything less than the best and so should you.
In your first 30 days you will……
· Meet with members from product, cse, design teams to understand how the software works, why and common use cases.
· Act on feedback, user testing results and learning’s to improve assets, products and services
· Work on understanding our clients and how design impacts them
· Brainstorm, ideate, and iterate as needed
· Work in collaboration with key project team members, including user experience researchers, product owners, tech leads, developers, strategy, PM, and visual design
After 90 days you should be able to……
. Solve problems conceptually in collaboration with the broader interactive team, including marketers, UX / UI, and developers
· Wireframe solutions/concepts with direction from Head of Design and Product
· Wireframe solutions/concepts that are in line with overall goals and objectives of business unit.
· Effectively assist Head of Design on all relevant priorities to Product
· Coordinate with the sales/marketing team to create and distribute sales collateral
· Leverage interviews, testimonials, demos and user interviews to meet the needs of the target audience.
After 6 months you will…….
· Effectively take user interview knowledge and apply to new product and or enhancement efforts.
· Deliver a complete storyboard for features/epics and product concepts.
· Effectively relay concepts to the rest of the product and design team.
· Be seen as a go to for problem solving
· Be able to identify problems/challenges/opportunities for improving user experience while driving value for our user base.
Why you should join Hatch
We are building a SMS business messaging platform for Small, Medium and Enterprise Brick and Mortar businesses to help them communicate both with customers and teams internally.