Product Manager at Hatch
About the role
Here at Hatch, our Product Manager are responsible for managing our software delivery processes and ensuring on-time delivery of key features, enhancements, and optimizations for our customers. As the fastest growing startup in RVA, we are a small but mighty results oriented team consistently delivering more with less.
Our Product Managers will manage our Agile / Scrum software development processes from start to finish. The software project manager will be expected to lean on their technical knowledge to oversee and deliver on product deadlines and work closely with our Front and Back End engineering teams in order to effectively create and execute project plans.
What you’ll do
- Immerse themselves into the needs of the business and truly comprehend each project’s objective(s).
- Own the Agile / Scrum development process at Hatch and instill team accountability.
- Understand and utilize team strengths to plan and delegate project tasks to both the Front and Back End engineering teams.
- Establish and deliver on ambitious, but achievable, timelines for features, enhancements, and optimizations of the Hatch platform.
- Think proactively and squash problems before they come an issue.
- Lean on your technical background to plan and executive projects efficiently.
- Utilize superior communication and organizational skills to serve as a liaison between engineering, leadership, and co-founders for all projects.
- Translate business needs into actionable technical requirements that our development team can understand.
- Take a results oriented approach when it comes to delivering.
- Provide updates on project status and timelines, working to resolve any roadblocks as they arise.
- Monitor, track, and report on project status to leadership and management teams.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What we look for
- 5+ Years of Software Project Management experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Be an expert in JIRA
- Computer Science or Technical Background. Specifically, the ability to read and understand React / Redux and Go languages
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines in a high-growth environment
- Exceptional resource, organization, and time management skills
- PMP or other Project Management certifications a huge plus
- Results oriented
- Previous SaaS experience highly desired
- A “Get !@#$ done” mentality
In your first 30 days:
- Meet with members from the product/sales/cse team to understand how the software works, why, and common use cases.
- Meet with service member to see a user in action, gaining a better understanding of our customers.
- Understand our clients - sitting in on, and listen to/watch dozens of sales presentations and implementation calls to best understand prospect and client wants, common questions.
- Sit with pm/product/engineers to understand current processes.
- Understand product road map and plan out current workload.
After 60 days you will:
- Understand clear product roadmap and project related to your work.
- Work with and help manage projects related to your work.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification technique.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
After 90 days you will:
- Own and manage specific projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Be seen as an expert resource on all things project management
Why you should join Hatch
We are building a SMS business messaging platform for Small, Medium and Enterprise Brick and Mortar businesses to help them communicate both with customers and teams internally.