Backend Engineer at Haven
About the role
Engineering at Haven
You will be working alongside our exceptional engineering team from Credit Karma, Dropbox, Plaid, and Medium, building a product to engage 53 million homeowners across the United States. We work fast to build prototypes and concepts, integrate with new partners and customers, and launch whatever it takes to make an impact.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- An interest or background in developing solutions for the homeowner journey
- You will work in cross-functional teams to build projects that deliver value to investors, banks, and borrowers
- You are skilled at designing, implementing, and evolving data models over time
- You are skilled at API design
- You have previous experience with Python, Django, and AWS
- You are able to work independently in a structured way to make progress despite ambiguity
- You have 3+ years of software development experience
What you can Expect
We’re a semi-distributed team that believes in order to succeed we must be greater than the sum of our parts by valuing partnership, creativity, diversity, and growth for each other and the people we serve.
Why you should join Haven
Haven is re-imagining the $11 trillion U.S. mortgage industry, with a focus on engaging the 53 million homeowners with a mortgage. The incumbent technologies used by mortgage lenders and servicers are decades old, and the borrowers who are served by them increasingly demand modern digital experiences and frictionless financial products throughout the home journey. Haven’s mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, and to improve lives in one of the world’s largest asset classes.
The company is well capitalized and backed by top fintech and mortgage venture funds and led by seasoned veterans of tech startups and financial marketplaces.