Senior Product Designer at Haven
About the role
Design at Haven As a product designer at Haven, you will play an instrumental role in defining the homeowner experience for our product and how we bring our product successfully to market. You’ll have the opportunity to go deep in a complex problem space and build tools and experiences our users that support our users while they make meaningful financial decisions about their homes. Haven is a young company and as the first product designer, you’ll have the opportunity to inform our product development process and build a strong design culture. You’ll be reporting to our Head of Design, and working closely with our entire team, you will provide leadership, structure, and execution across a range of product initiatives. The role is remote, with a highly flexible work schedule.
- Own full stack design process from low fidelity flows to high fidelity mocks and prototypes
- Work with UX research to identify and prioritize homeowner obstacles and opportunities
- Design accessible, hypothesis driven product features
- Work closely with product and engineering through the product development process to ship high quality UI and experiences
- Assist in identifying and prioritizing design system components
Minimum basic requirements:
- 4+ years of experience designing digital products (web and mobile)
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD or similar
- Portfolio of successfully launched projects with at least 1 case study of collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to launch a product in market
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work in complex, vague problem spaces
- Experience FinTech and/or digital mortgage/home products
- Experience building and using a design system
- Experience designing data visualizations and/or interactive tools
- Interest in defining team process and culture norms
- Regularly use qualitative and quantitative data to inform meaningful experiments and iterations
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work in vague problem spaces
- Ability to integrate accessibility, compliance, and legal requirements into consumer experiences
What you can expect We’re a remote-friendly distributed team that believes in order to succeed we must be greater than the sum of our parts by valuing partnership, creativity, diversity, and growth for each other and the people we serve.
Why you should join Haven
Haven is re-imagining the $11 trillion U.S. mortgage industry, with a focus on engaging the 53 million homeowners with a mortgage. The incumbent technologies used by mortgage lenders and servicers are decades old, and the borrowers who are served by them increasingly demand modern digital experiences and frictionless financial products throughout the home journey. Haven’s mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, and to improve lives in one of the world’s largest asset classes.
The company is well capitalized and backed by top fintech and mortgage venture funds and led by seasoned veterans of tech startups and financial marketplaces.