Software Engineer, Full Stack
About the role
HealthSherpa is building the nation's most comprehensive health insurance marketplace that allows easy access to healthcare plans to those in need of affordable healthcare coverage. We are continuing to build a team of versatile experts, passionate about making an impact.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenue and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for many low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality especially during the extraordinary and unfortunate circumstances of this pandemic.
We are a profitable and growing team of ~50 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We have doubled enrollments and revenue in each of the last two years and are now at an eight-figure run rate. We are the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 3 Million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocates and cares for the people we serve.
About the Role
We are looking for a software engineering generalist to join our dynamic team and take HealthSherpa’s technology to the next level. You are comfortable working across the development stack and passionate about learning new technologies. You believe in using data and analysis to form conclusions and refine thinking.
You will report directly to the CTO and will likely have a significant impact on the entire tech stack, the products we ship, and the company.
Your contribution on our team will help hundreds of thousands of American families, allowing them to navigate the complex world of health insurance and access health care when they need it.
About The Opportunity
- Build high-quality features across the entire tech stack - frontend and backend
- Develop end-to-end solutions that works every time.
- Maintain and refactor the codebase for better quality and scalability.
- Pull and analyze data to improve the product and company operations
- Work with the engineering team and other partners to implement the product roadmap
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience
- You have experience with React.js or similar front-end frameworks
- You have experience with Rails or similar back-end frameworks
- You have experience with the full development lifecycle, supporting features post-launch
Nice To Have
- You have experience with AWS Elasticsearch, Hadoop, R or scikit-learn
- You have a firm understanding of UI/UX Design principles
- You have health insurance experience
- You have Affordable Care Act or Health policy knowledge
What We Offer
- Great compensation package that includes meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K after grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles.