Product Designer at Hellosaurus
About the role
Hellosaurus empowers some of the world's most popular kids media creators to build immersive, interactive learning experiences that kids can play, not just watch.
Our small but mighty team brings experience from companies like Disney, Electronic Arts, and Sesame Street. And we're backed by top investors like General Catalyst, Y Combinator, and the founders of companies like YouTube and Vimeo.
Hellosaurus was featured by Apple as an App You Need, named the top startup in the YC S20 batch by TechCrunch, and honored as a 2021 World Changing Idea by Fast Company.
If you're passionate about building magical technological experiences that empower kids to learn, grow, and have fun, we'd love to hear from you.
About the role.
- Collaborate with our Founding Designer to complete design asks across every aspect of the Hellosaurus product, from iOS to web-based CMS.
- Opportunity to help completely rethink our CMS and Video Editor to make it more user-friendly and easier to build interactive video.
- Design new interactive activities that allow kids to jump into the story through the use of the phone's microphone, camera, and touch screen.
- Contribute to product and design discussions to help shape the future of the platform.
- Fully remote with the option to work from our New York office once it is safe to do so.
- Open to freelance with the possibility to go full time.
- An expert in Figma. You have experience building out component libraries and prototyping directly within the tool.
- You're able to collaborate well with others remotely. You keep shared files tidy and are able to confidently and cohesively present your work to a remote team.
- You're cool working under the fast pace of a start up. You understand that no work is cherished and you're willing to pivot on a dime to keep things moving quickly.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- (Plus) Previous experience designing for kids
- (Plus) Experience with video editing software (e.g. Premiere)
- (Plus) If you're a parent (or Aunt/Uncle/Cousin/Friend) of a 3-12 year old 😎
To be considered for this role, please apply here.
Why you should join Hellosaurus
Hellosaurus is reinventing children’s programming for touchscreen audiences with the most advanced interactive video platform ever built for kids media.
Rooted in early childhood education principles of engagement, with a belief that children’s content should leverage mobile device capabilities so kids play instead of just watch, Hellosaurus is developing software tools for creators of high-quality kids programming to make truly participatory shows and a single distribution platform to share these creations with families everywhere.
We are a small team based in New York City and have worked on companies like HQ Trivia, Toca Boca, Google, Apple, and Sesame Street. We are backed by top investors and are currently a member of Y Combinator's summer batch (YC S20).
We are looking to grow our founding team with folks who are passionate about building magical technological experiences that make kids feel active, smart, and powerful, all while having fun.