Chief Of Staff To The CEO at Hellosaurus
About the role
Hellosaurus empowers some of the world's most popular kids media creators to build immersive, interactive learning experiences that kids can play, not just watch.
Our small but mighty team brings experience from companies like Disney, Electronic Arts, and Sesame Street. And we're backed by top investors like General Catalyst, Y Combinator, and the founders of companies like YouTube and Vimeo.
Hellosaurus was featured by Apple as an App You Need, named the top startup in the YC S20 batch by TechCrunch, and honored as a 2021 World Changing Idea by Fast Company.
If you're passionate about building magical technological experiences that empower kids to learn, grow, and have fun, we'd love to hear from you.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it)
- Work directly with the CEO to manage high profile projects, relationships, and deals as well as partner with the CEO on longer term business vision and strategy
- Engage across all areas of the company to manage and track priorities and commitments and ensure the CEO is working on the most important items for the company
- Initiate and lead special projects for the CEO, covering areas like investor relations, product research, growth, partnerships, financial planning, content development, and more
- Drive content creation and agenda for key internal and external distribution (e.g. presentations, board materials, all-hands meetings, off-sites, etc)
- Help establish and oversee standards and procedures for hiring, onboarding, benefits, and employee satisfaction programs as well as plan company events (in-person and virtual)
- Provide direct leverage and feedback to the CEO to ensure they are the most effective leader they can be
- Strong interpersonal skills / EQ with the ability to manage up, down and laterally; ability collaborate and build relationships across the company
- Excellent multi-tasker who is happiest when working on many things at once
- Highly attentive to detail and exceptionally organized; you can keep any project running smoothly and on time
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Expert problem solver with the strong quantitative and analytical skills to make data-driven decisions while still being able to flex creative muscles
- High degree of professionalism, trustworthiness, and maturity: you can be trusted with sensitive information
- Collaborator with no ego who is able to rally the team and be seen as an ally by your colleagues
- Demonstrated passion for kids educational entertainment is a plus
- Experience as a Chief of Staff or in a special projects role is a plus
- Great opportunity for someone hoping to start their own company some day
To be considered for this role, please apply here.
Why you should join Hellosaurus
Hellosaurus is reinventing children’s programming for touchscreen audiences with the most advanced interactive video platform ever built for kids media.
Rooted in early childhood education principles of engagement, with a belief that children’s content should leverage mobile device capabilities so kids play instead of just watch, Hellosaurus is developing software tools for creators of high-quality kids programming to make truly participatory shows and a single distribution platform to share these creations with families everywhere.
We are a small team based in New York City and have worked on companies like HQ Trivia, Toca Boca, Google, Apple, and Sesame Street. We are backed by top investors and are currently a member of Y Combinator's summer batch (YC S20).
We are looking to grow our founding team with folks who are passionate about building magical technological experiences that make kids feel active, smart, and powerful, all while having fun.