Lead UI/UX Designer at Heroic Story
About the role
Heroic Story is a text-based role-playing game for web3 that uses NFTs as characters, items, and quests — unlocking new ways for creators to earn revenue streams using a Create-To-Earn model. Reporting directly to the Head of Product, you will be one of the early 10 team members that is going to play a key role in defining our users' experience for navigating Heroic Story on our mobile and desktop web app. Our team has a unique culture where engineers and designers are both heavily involved in the product design process.
Where you will make an impact:
- Work cross-functionally with the Lead Engineer and Head of Product to iterate on designs and get them in front of real people in our Discord community
- Conduct user interviews
- Contribute to the overall aesthetic and design philosophy as we continue to iterate
- And whatever you can dream up! — at this early stage, ideating on design and inspiring your team members is part of the job, and you will have creative freedom to explore what's possible with this novel web3 tabletop game.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience working alongside engineers, product managers, and other designers shipping real products
- A strong command of Figma for prototyping, iterating and sharing your work
- Minute attention to detail and a love for using data to build beautiful products for our users
- The ability to turn limited information and uncertainty into bold, concrete product design decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- An open, growth mindset when giving and receiving feedback
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- A self-starter attitude to drive toward design decisions, ship, and iterate
- previous experience designing UI/UX for web app games
- can illustrate and work with 3D libraries and animated SVGs
- love tabletop rpg games 🎲
- passion for learning about web3 design, creator economy, and NFTs (+1 bonus point if you already own some 😀)
If you don't fulfill every single requirement, we'd still love to hear from you!
We are building the next version of tabletop gaming — an online, text-based role-playing game, and a companion app for browsing our marketplace and exploring character backstories and lore.
The mission of Heroic Story is to unlock new ways for creators to earn passive income by participating in our community.
Joining Heroic Story means jumping on a fast-moving train where you'll get plenty of agency and the potential to make a sizeable impact at an early-stage tech company that's expanding how creators earn. These are unsolved, open-ended problems with tons of room (and need) for creativity. Help us take Heroic Story to the next level!
- Work remotely
- Full access to our virtual office in Gather.town!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days
- Work-from-home equipment/design stipend
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that makes creators' lives more connected and fun
Why you should join Heroic Story
We're building decentralized Disney! We're starting by creating a collaborative, community-owned worldbuilding game using NFTs. We're well-capitalized with funding from top entertainment and crypto funds, and gaming industry angels including the co-founder of Twitch and co-founder of Kabam. You can't build decentralized Disney in a day (and crypto is volatile!) so we're well equipped to weather any bear markets.
Our co-founders -- the brothers Rosenkrantz -- have shipped VR games, built virtual influencers on Twitch, and launched popular entertainment across all media including film and television. During the Internet poker boom of the 2000s, Jay was one of the top online poker players in the world (he even starred on a reality television show that he co-created)!