(Applicants must be based in London, UK)
- We analyse bank transaction data to help other FinTechs make sense of their customers’ data, starting with making it easier for them to give loans to small-to-medium businesses. This helps to solve the credit crunch in Small Business Lending, a $65B industry in the US alone.
- We’re an experienced team with background at top tech and finance companies like DeepMind, Facebook, Revolut and Spotify.
- We’re multi-cultural and welcome diversity. Each of our team members was born on a different continent. We make sure everyone feels included in our company events and accommodate all cultural and dietary requirements.
- We graduated from Y Combinator in 2020 and raised a $1.25M seed round. In 2021, we grew from $20k to $500k in annual recurring revenue. As of July 2022 we make over $1M in annual recurring revenue.
How we work
- In this role, you will work directly with the founders and early tech team. You will own projects end-to-end, work across departments and focus on whatever is most important in a given planning cycle.
- We promote an outcome-focused, low-bureaucracy work environment with an emphasis on delivering customer impact at high velocity.
What you’ll be working on
You’ll be working directly with Jamie, one of Heron Data's co-founders & COO, on high-priority projects relating to growing Heron's revenue from new customers. Depending on the priorities at the time, this could mean:
- Define key growth metrics & what success means for Heron Data
- Implement measurement of KPIs that aggregate data from across our CRM, website, and other relevant sources
- Identify & prioritise growth initiatives (bets) to drive metrics using data
- e.g., which part of our customer journey should we focus on? Which channels have the highest ROI?
- Execute on the high priority growth initiatives. Some examples include:
- Scale how prospective customers trial our product
- Lead a redesign of the Heron website to drive more organic traffic and improve conversion; own the blog
- Implement a customer referral program
- Hack together a lead list given an ideal customer profile
- Lead go-to-market strategy & execution for new customer segments
- Work with product & engineering to build features that drive growth
What we’re looking for
This role is perfect for someone who is considering starting their own business later, or wants to move into technology and get a broad exposure to growing an early stage company.
- New Grad with internship/entrepreneurial experience, or someone with up to 4 years of professional experience (e.g., tech, consulting, or other professions!)
- You love evidence- and data-based decision making, particularly when it comes to measuring the impact of your work
- You need to be a nice, empathetic person and wish to work with other people like that
- You’re highly motivated and self-driven. These are buzzwords, but do one of more of these sound like you? If so, please apply!
- You can’t bear the inefficiency/lack of competence prevalent in your current workplace
- The idea of being a cog in a larger machine, without the ability to influence the overall course of the business, is deeply unpleasant to you
- You LOVE to organise personal projects. Be it travel, parties, your house plants or your work-out schedule: You’re on top of it.
- You find it frustrating not to understand how your current task will help the company you work for. Even worse, on many tasks you know that it won’t, and you don’t like it.
- You don’t understand why you should wait x years to get promoted to the next role, if you can do all the work already.
- Friday company lunches (always vegan-friendly!)
- Bi-monthly company retreats to different UK destinations (Brighton and Bath so far!)
- Flexible work from home policy
- Remote December: we go remote for 6 weeks in Dec/Jan to facilitate long home visits or other extensive yearly travel
- Private health insurance through Vitality
- Cycle to Work Scheme