About the role
HiGeorge is looking for highly motivated Product Designer to join the company as the first employee.
- 3+ years experience working in product design
- Experience building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience within a well-scoped domain.
- Interaction design experience with ability to define how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs. Able to demonstrate use of appropriate prototyping tools to show how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- Visual design experience with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense.
- Previous experience designing web applications
- Previous experience designing data-centric user interfaces preferred
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision
- Work directly with CTO, PMs, customers to turn requirements into design and prototypes of next generation products
- Design easy-to-understand end-to-end flows, and use the appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- Design new experiences or layouts that evolve and/or define visual systems
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of HiGeorge products
Why you should join HiGeorge
HiGeorge allows writers and journalists to easily create compelling visualizations from public data. Think Tableau but with all the necessary data attached. Most writers don't have the staff/resources to create great visualizations like the New York Times but HiGeorge gives them that power.