Head of People @ Rapidly Scaling Co at HiOperator
About the role
Ready to join a fast-growing, diverse team tackling a $200B+ industry?
HiOperator's mission is to automate customer service by augmenting awesome humans with great technology. We believe that there’s a path to automation that greatly enhances the roles and career paths of customer service agents, rather than makes them obsolete.
We are a profitable, growth stage startup and our investors include Y Combinator, Hearst Lab, and 43North. We have been scaling exponentially and we're looking for a Head of People to join our rapidly scaling team!
Excellent customer service is embraced by everyone - from our agents to our engineers to our CEO. We are building a team of tech-savvy individuals who are passionate about customer service and willing to work hard to solve problems.
What You'll Do
You'll report to our CEO and work directly with her and other leadership to develop and implement best practices for how we can best grow and support the team. This role combines building our team (recruiting) with the responsibility to own the full lifecycle of our teammates (Human Resources).
In this role you have the opportunity to own and design the foundation of the People department. You will be responsible for multiple critical parts of a quickly growing company, and over time, build and lead a team to move these areas even further forward.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Owning our recruiting efforts, including developing systems and processes, actively recruiting candidates and working with outside talent services where relevant.
- Owning our performance management process and leadership and development initiatives
- Owning our inclusion & diversity efforts
- Own people operations, including onboarding, compliance, payroll, and benefits
- Thinking and planning strategically on expansion and growth towards launching new locations.
Please note that this is not a remote role and will be located in either our Dallas, TX or Buffalo, NY office!
This is a rapidly evolving and scaling role. We believe you'll be most successful if you're comfortable across the entire People & HR function and are comfortable shifting gears from high level strategy to tactical work on a frequent basis. This would be a particularly exciting role if you're excited to lead and scale the People team from 2 to 5+ over the next 12-18 months.
Here are some of the experiences and skills we expect you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- 8+ years of experience in HR/recruiting/people, including 2+ years as a manager
- You have hands on experience with rapidly growing teams at scale (300+ employees - ideally at a manager level)
- You have experience leading recruiting at scale across both nonexempt as well as exempt positions
- You are passionate about company culture, performance, feedback and growth
- You are quantitative in nature and love constantly testing and iterating on processes
- You are comfortable with managing compliance and benefits across multiple locations in different states
- You have the ability to effect change and drive results in chaotic and unstructured environments.
Visit us to learn more: www.hioperator.com
This is not a remote position.
Job offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
HiOperator is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why you should join HiOperator
HiOperator is a next-gen customer service platform, combining AI and awesome people. We growing quickly and are looking for awesome folks to come with us on the journey in Buffalo & Dallas.