Lead Scientist (NLP) at HiOperator
About the role
Ready to join a fast-growing, diverse team tackling a $200B+ industry?
HiOperator's mission is to automate customer service by augmenting awesome humans with great technology. We believe that there’s a path to automation that greatly enhances the roles and career paths of customer service agents, rather than makes them obsolete.
We are a profitable, growth stage startup and our investors include Y Combinator, Hearst Lab, and 43North. We have been scaling exponentially and as a senior member of the HiOperator research team, you will play a central role in delivering the technology to achieve this mission through a combination of machine learning, integrations, and clever programming.
As part of our team, you will work on topics such as advanced text generation and text categorization.
Customer service is one of the clearest use cases for developing a rich, conversational AI, with a long term goal to achieve AGI. Because of our industry and approach, there are several advantages to our scientists:
- A rich amount of text data (customer service emails) that are often already tagged into different categories.
- Your work is central to the vision of the company, and so you will have full engagement from leadership. Your work truly matters here and will be a key focus.
- Our financial model creates the margins needed to actually utilize the advanced models you create in production. Building state of the art makes sense for us!
What You’ll Do:
As our lead scientist, you will help carry out all the duties involved in delivering AI-tools to our product. This includes the following set of responsibilities:
- Creating, testing, and modifying different ML models for various HiOperator use cases
- Working with our engineering team to bring to production the final models/approaches you develop
- Recruiting, training, and managing a team of scientists as our research division expands
- Participate in any other duties required on a more ad-hoc basis
Since we are a fast-growing company, there is an expectation that your role will evolve with new duties and responsibilities introduced over time. It’s all part of the startup fun!
- 5+ years of experience in NLP
- 5+ years of experience in neural network approaches (e.g., sequence to sequence models, classifiers, etc)
- 5+ years of experience in Python
- 3+ years of experience with Tensorflow or PyTorch
Job offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
HiOperator is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why you should join HiOperator
HiOperator is a next-gen customer service platform, combining AI and awesome people. We growing quickly and are looking for awesome folks to come with us on the journey in Buffalo & Dallas.