Chief of Staff to CTO/COO at HiOperator
About the role
Ready to join a fast-growing, diverse team tackling a $200B+ industry?
HiOperator's mission is to automate customer service by augmenting awesome humans with great technology. We believe that there’s a path to automation that greatly enhances the roles and career paths of customer service agents, rather than makes them obsolete.
We are a profitable, growth stage startup and our investors include Y Combinator, Hearst Lab, and 43North. We have been scaling exponentially and we’re looking for a quantitative and technical Chief of Staff for our COO.
Please note that “Operations” at HiOperator is really Delivery and both tech and operations report into our COO. This is a rare opportunity to work at a high level with a large (200+) multidisciplinary department that is growing extremely quickly.
This might be a particularly good role if you are a data scientist or software engineer looking to develop broader business & operational skills; or perhaps a management consultant with a quantitative bent, looking to move into an operating role.
What You'll Do
With your unique ability to apply extremely strong quantitative skills, excellent communication acumen and ruthless prioritization to a wide range of initiatives, you’ll be not only our COO’s primary support, but a critical partner, liaison, and day-to-day firefighter to him, as well.
The ultimate goal of your role is to help extend and leverage the function of the COO.
As a key point person with a high level of access and context, you should be comfortable operating at all levels of the business from doing high level, strategic analysis - to renting a truck for a last minute Home Depot run because our new desks are arriving late and we’re short 50 desks (true story)!
We expect that this will be a highly varied role, however specific responsibilities may include:
- Triaging requests and problems from a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders - ranging from internal HR & facilities issues to data requests from enterprise clients, internal promotion reviews, and more.
- Handling data requests
- Root cause analysis
- General data analysis, creating internal briefs, building & analyzing operational models
- Ad hoc product support depending on your level of experience
- Scheduling & travel coordination along with some very granular operations tasks
This is, by nature, a rapidly evolving role with a high degree of ambiguity. Here are some of the qualities we expect you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Quantitative proficiency with a high level of proficiency with using platforms such as R (preferred), Python or Matlab to analyze data. You do not need to be a software developer but some experience would be helpful.
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving and continuous process improvement
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism and discretion
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to break down complex concepts and explain them simply. One of our values is candid communication.
- Experience working either in a fast-growth startup environment or other fast-paced work environment that involves a high level of context switching. Management consulting experience a plus.
- Strong relationship builder, both internally and externally
- Deadline-driven with a high level of attention to detail and impeccable organization skills
- Ability to travel between our Buffalo, NY and Dallas, TX office up to 30% of the time.
- You have the ability to effect change and drive results in chaotic and unstructured environments.
- Low ego; no task is too small to deserve your full effort and enthusiasm
You Can Expect
- Competitive pay
- A highly diverse team at every level of the organization
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth
- A dynamic, evolving environment
- A quantitative, data-driven organization
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous time off
Visit us to learn more: www.hioperator.com
This is not a remote position.
Job offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
HiOperator is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why you should join HiOperator
HiOperator is a next-gen customer service platform, combining AI and awesome people. We growing quickly and are looking for awesome folks to come with us on the journey in Buffalo & Dallas.