Sales Team Member at Homestead
About the role
Homestead is a start-up focused on upcycling extra space in homes (garages, extra rooms, backyards) into rental apartments. We have one goal: help solve America's housing crisis.
Homestead designs, permits, & project manages the buildout of Accessory Dwelling Units (also known as ADUs, backyard homes, or granny flats). We make adding a rental unit as easy as saying 'yes'.
TechCrunch named Homestead one of the top 20 YC companies in W20. We're backed by Y Combinator (W20), Foundation Capital, and MIT's E14 fund. We are a group of pragmatic idealists, and we're looking for high-energy team members with a strong belief in social justice, affordable housing, and fair living for all. All team members receive equity.
You'll be part of the face of Homestead: educating potential customers about ADUs, building brand awareness, and spreading our mission. Your role will be to manage the entire sales cycle (for a select portion of leads), from first phone call to signed contract. An ideal candidate has a consultative sales approach and is able to clearly articulate the benefits of Homestead within an educational framework. As an early member of the team, you'll also be able to contribute to marketing and acquisition strategies and work with other team members on creating new initiatives!
- Qualify incoming leads and keep in touch with them via phone, zoom, and email.
- Educate prospective customers about Homestead's product and mission.
- Maintain detailed information about current leads in our CRM.
- Use Homestead's templates, customer-provided information, & publicly available data to create proposals for potential customers.
- Monitor & reply to messages in secondary lead channels (Chatbot, Social Media, Etc.)
- Regularly communicate successes, challenges, and customer feedback to founders.
- Achieve & consistently exceed monthly sales goals.
- Collaborate and continue to improve sales process to better support growth goals.
- Excellent social & communication skills; comfortable with talking to new people.
- Interest in housing, architecture, construction, design, or remodeling.
- Ability to quickly learn about ADU laws and financing; confidence to engage customers about each of those topics and easily explain them.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to self-direct with a strong desire to surpass monthly goals.
- Ability to work some weekends to best support Homestead's customers.
- Previous experience in sales, prospecting, political canvassing, cold-calling or direct outreach.
Why you should join Homestead
Homestead turns extra space into income. We're committed to solving the housing crisis through revitalizing existing space. We make it effortless for homeowners to turn their garages, basements, rooms, and yards into rental units. By aligning homeowners with financing, contractors, and rental management we turn an overwhelming experience into a life-changing home addition.