Frontend Engineer at Lightdash
About the role
We're looking for a front-end engineer to join our small and growing team. The role will involve taking ownership of the Lightdash UI, working closely with design and UX.
We value small and high performing teams and are looking for our first full-time front-end engineer to join alongside the current core team. The responsibilities will go beyond just the technical stack, and you'll be expected to contribute to the company strategy and will have a lot of influence over the product roadmap going forward.
Some things we're looking for:
- You have experience or interest in building interactive products that teams love: you're excited about building the most user-friendly products for teams to take their raw data and turn it into insights.
- You have experience or an interest in open source projects
- You appreciate good design (UI/UX) and are passionate about building products that people love to use
- You're a fantastic communicator, especially in a remote team and are happy to continuously challenge existing ideas
- You're thoughtful about creating and maintaining a world-class engineering culture
What the job involves:
- Build features from start to finish: plan, build, test, deploy, iterate
- Interacting with our users in the community (through Discourse, Twitter or Github) and reviewing their issues and using the feedback to prioritise our work
- From time to time, we'll expect you to produce content or present to our community. We're big believers in engaging with our community as much as possible.
- Work in a small high performing team with a lot of collaboration and getting feedback directly from our users!
- Having an ownership mindset: being comfortable with both responsibility and accountability
Our tech stack:
While we don't expect you to have used all the components of our stack, it'd be great to know which parts of it you're familiar with:
- Primary stack: Typescript, React, Node, SQL
- Frameworks: express, react-hooks
- Infrastructure: Docker, GCP
Why you should join Lightdash
We're building the open-source BI tool for the future of data-driven teams. We're big believers in teams owning their own data, which is why open source makes sense for us!
We're on a mission to make more teams data-driven by increasing trust and access that teams have to their data. We're doing this by equipping teams with the best BI tool to solve their own problems. We're bringing the principles we know so well from software engineering, design and user experience design to the world of data.
We value having a small team that can achieve a lot. We're well funded and ready to help more teams get the most out of their data!