Senior Product Manager, Trade Operations at Human Interest
About the role
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We’re building the first full stack, automated retirement management platform in the industry – and it’s a game changer. Most of our competitors outsource significant portions of their underlying servicing stack to Third Party Administrators. This leads to inefficiencies, poor customer service and expensive pricing models based on service fees. We’re on a mission to change the retirement industry (for good) and our platform is at the center of our success. You will be responsible for launching new features, functionality and tools to scale and improve the core servicing platform of Human Interest. Come join us to make a real impact on people's financial lives!
What you get to do every day
- Serve as product owner for the services and solutions we use to manage plan changes, process customer trades and account for all transactions in our recordkeeping system. This product area is critical to meeting company objectives with high internal visibility and strong engineering, product and design resources to support you.
- Inspire and lead cross functional teams of engineers, designers, data analysts, and domain experts to frame problems and deliver scalable solutions with clear success criteria
- Collaborate with other product teams across the org to shape service boundaries, manage dependencies and plan for the future needs of our customers, internal teams and stakeholders
- Become a 401(k) domain expert by partnering with internal SMEs to deeply understand the functional requirements of 401(k) operations and translate them into technical solutions and services built for scale
What you bring to the role
- 3-5+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably B2B SaaS roles across different stages of a company, from early to mature
- Clear communication and presentation skills. You are strong at defining a problem and framing “why it matters” to a wide range of stakeholders, both technical and non.
- Ability to manage a complex set of solutions at different stages of their lifecycle, across multiple layers of our system
- Strong relationship building skills and experience driving impact through cross-functional collaboration
- A systematic approach to planning, prioritization and negotiation that leverages data
- A process improvement mindset and willingness to share your ideas to help us learn and grow as a Product organization
- Solid analytical skills, SQL knowledge and ability to source data a plus
- Bonus: experience building software products for complex, regulated industries such as Finance, Accounting, Payroll, Legal or HR
- We will consider mid to senior experience levels for this role
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest :
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.
Why you should join Human Interest
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees -- something that only 14% of them are able to do today. In doing so, we're empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.