Senior Product Manager, Customer at Human Interest
About the role
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Experiences Product team, you will join a small but mighty team that is customer-focused and passionate about improving the Human Interest experience for our clients. You’ll be building on strong product-market fit and business momentum to improve and expand our product offering. You’ll be part of a close-knit cross functional team that includes design, engineering, platform, sales, marketing, and client services to help build the next generation of Human Interest. This role reports into the Director of Product, Growth & Experiences.
What you get to do every day
- Drive planning and execution for your roadmap from inception to launch and iteration, clarifying scope, removing blockers, and anticipating risk via frequent, clear communication with our engineering, services and management teams while ensuring that we’re consistently exceeding the expectations of our customers
- Collaborate closely with design and engineering at every stage of the product development lifecycle, from discovery through designs and testing, to actual writing of code and delivery.
- Deeply understand the problems that you're tackling through research and regular interaction with customers and our operations teams; define and frame those problems for the team while understanding how to balance short and long term business, product, and customer outcomes.
- Identify opportunities for innovation, increased efficiencies, and impact
What you bring to the role
- At least 4+ years experience as a product manager, ideally in SaaS/B2B
- Proven record of building and delivering successful products
- A passion for customers, solving problems and continuously finding ways to improve processes and the product without compromising on quality
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to pull together a strong business case for a new product or feature using data, customer feedback, and business signals from sales and marketing.
- Adeptness at articulating problems, and pulling back to explain why solving that problem is right for the business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest :
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.
Why you should join Human Interest
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees -- something that only 14% of them are able to do today. In doing so, we're empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.