Research Associate at Humane Genomics
About the role
About the role You will characterize cancer cell lines and primary cells, design-build-test synthetic viruses, and conduct bench- and pilot-scale manufacturing of promising oncolytic therapies for in vivo studies. Among the first to join the team, you will work closely with our Chief Science Officer in developing new protocols and establishing lab organization.
- Support the design and engineering of synthetic viruses as precision cancer therapies.
- Advance our understanding of cancer cells by conducting PCR, flow cytometry, live-cell imaging, and more.
- Optimize the efficiency and the speed of our bench- and pilot-scale manufacturing of oncolytic therapies.
- Efficiently maintain cell lines for research projects and biomanufacturing.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of laboratory operations and experiments performed for data traceability and future basis to design batch records and SOP’s to make the transition to GMP.
- Assist with the tracking and ordering of laboratory supplies.
- Perform routine technical tasks and assist in the general maintenance of the lab.
- BS or MS in Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a laboratory or research setting.
- First-hand experience with cell culture and molecular biology techniques.
- Strong computer skills.
- Prior experience in virology and microscopy is a plus.
Why you should join Humane Genomics
Humane Genomics is an artificial virus platform. We make cancer therapeutics with unprecedented specificity and efficiency. Our first indications are bone cancer, lung cancer, and liver cancer. We are based in New York City and backed by amazing investors.