Founding Software Engineer at Hypotenuse AI
About the role
Hypotenuse AI is a platform that uses machine learning to automatically create written content for e-commerce businesses, including product descriptions, advertising text and blog posts. We're reshaping what takes weeks to do, and turning it into days. Our mission it to build the best experience that powers every e-commerce store.
We're backed by top global investors such as Y Combinator, and have an experienced team with a background in FAANG, AI research labs and top start-ups. We have global ambitions and are expanding our team in Singapore. If you're looking for a fast-paced start-up with the opportunity to reshape the future of e-commerce, come join us! More about us on TechCrunch.
Joining a fast growing start-up isn't like taking a 9 to 5 role in a big company — the impact, learnings and growth here are magnitudes higher, but so is the pace.
In this role, you will:
- Build and manage entirely new features, applications and platforms from scratch
- Thread across frontend and backend, system architecture design, databases, algorithms & data science, and DevOps
- Balance speed and scale, while keeping in mind the sensibilities to create a high quality user experience
- Work extremely closely with the founders, and often cross functionally, sometimes wearing a product manager hat and speaking to users
You will spearhead a large part of this development together with us. There will be ambiguity, uncertainties and a whole lot new technology. No one has all the answers, and that's ok. But it means that you need to have a constant hunger for learning and growing — very quickly. Here, your rate of growth matters a lot more than your credentials.
We're looking for people with a founder mentality; we want people who are warriors.
People who can see from a thousand feet up, but yet can dig into the roots and execute their own plans. People who obsess over their code; who can't stop thinking about solving challenging problems, and people who just won't give up. It's not easy, and start-ups aren't for everyone, but for the ones that are, this will be the most fulfilling journey as we rocket towards building something people want.
Experience and a strong foundation in any of following will help a long way:
- You've designed and built backend architectures (i.e. experience with AWS or GCP, designing APIs, components, databases etc..)
- You're familiar with software engineering best practices — testing, deployments, agile & sprints, OOP etc.. and have worked with sizeable codebases before
- Understanding of algorithms/data structures and computer science fundamentals
- Experience with web frameworks — both on the client-side (e.g. React, Angular, Vue, ..) and server side (e.g. Flask / FastAPI / Django)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High adaptability, strong problem-solving skills and ability to handle ambiguity
- UX design sensibility and a drive to build great products for users
- 2–5 years of software engineering experience, or equivalent
Why you should join Hypotenuse AI
Hypotenuse AI is a platform that automatically generates written content for e-commerce companies using machine learning. Our mission is to power the best experience for every e-commerce store.
We're backed by top investors (YC, Jan Cap..) and have a passionate team with experienced founders from a background in FAANG/AI Research labs/top start-ups. We have global ambitions and are expanding our team in Singapore. If you are inspired to take up new challenges to drive the future of e-commerce, come join our team!