Senior Software Engineer, User Interface at InfluxData
About the role
We're looking for candidates who value continually mastering the craft of coding and building tools that benefit the open source development community. You'll need to be open to experimenting, which means that sometimes you might fail. (That's okay!) Along with that, you'll need the persistence to keep going and try again. You'll also be working closely with your team, so you'll need to be empathic, supportive, and excited to teach as well as learn.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate on and lead the delivery of large initiatives, engaging with stakeholders and subject matter experts to drive a concept from whiteboard to production
- Contribute to our open-source, front-end libraries and projects
- Guide others on and uphold engineering best practices applied across projects and teams
- Mentor and pair with teammates to deliver well structured production code with automated tests
What You Bring to the Table
- Comfortable navigating Unix/Linux systems via terminal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with any of Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with remote and distributed development teams
- Experience with data visualization
Why you should join InfluxData
InfluxData is a fully remote, VC-backed, pre-IPO company and the creator of InfluxDB, which is the fastest open source time series database and our client base is growing. Whether the data comes from humans, sensors or large servers, InfluxDB delivers a platform built specifically for metrics, events and other time-based data. Our database is being used by companies like Tesla, Cisco, Wayfair and Disney.