Senior Software Engineer, Data Acquisition at InfluxData
About the role
As a member of our Data Acquisition Team, you’ll be working to build a state-of-the-art data ingestion pipeline for InfluxDB, the market-leading open-source time-series database. As an alternative to running and administering our Telegraf agent directly, this innovative data ingestion pipeline will support endpoint access to stream data directly into our Cloud 2.0 product. This role will be full-stack in nature, touching on several backend languages. In addition, this position will require a solid understanding of modern deployment infrastructure. We're looking for candidates who value continually mastering the craft of coding and delivering quality and tested products. You'll need to be open to experimenting, which means that sometimes you might fail. (That's okay!). Along with that, you'll need the persistence to keep going and try again. You'll also be working closely with your team, so you'll need to be empathic, supportive, and excited to teach as well as learn.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and collaborate on the delivery of a tested and production-ready data ingestion pipeline.
- Lead and collaborate on building internal web services
- Serve as an internal DevOps subject matter expert, liaising with our SRE and Deployment teams to review and assess the deployment and administration of our ingestion pipeline
- Engage with stakeholders to drive a concept from whiteboard to production
- Lead and uphold engineering best practices applied across projects and teams
- Pair with teammates to deliver well-structured production code with automated tests
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years of DevOps experience including familiarity with modern Docker orchestration specifically Kubernetes, deployment technologies, and a solid background in application-based system administration
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining well structured CI / CD pipeline (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, etc)
- Strong experience building well-tested production applications and services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Apache NiFi and/or other data distribution systems
- Experience working with remote and distributed development teams
- Experience with data streaming and event consumer technologies such as Apache Kafka
Why you should join InfluxData
InfluxData is a fully remote, VC-backed, pre-IPO company and the creator of InfluxDB, which is the fastest open source time series database and our client base is growing. Whether the data comes from humans, sensors or large servers, InfluxDB delivers a platform built specifically for metrics, events and other time-based data. Our database is being used by companies like Tesla, Cisco, Wayfair and Disney.