About the role
InnaMed is a Y Combinator alum and venture-backed startup developing HomeLab®, a connected, at-home blood testing system for enabling precision medicine. By allowing patients to perform real-time, disease-specific blood tests at home, InnaMed aims to empower healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies alike to improve and optimize patient therapies. InnaMed’s electrochemical immunoassay and clinical chemistry diagnostics platform is covered by several patents and publications and the company already has multiple ongoing partnerships with top pharmaceutical companies. See our website to learn more (www.InnaMed.com).
Our team consists of scientists and engineers from top universities and biotechnology companies. We are passionate about improving upon the cost, access and quality of global healthcare and we are currently looking to hire a frontend application developer. Specifically, we are looking for an experienced individual to develop an Android application for our portable IoT medical diagnostics system in React Native. This includes front-end development and integration with the back-end server in a controlled release environment with versioning & source control. You will have independent responsibility and freedom to make your own decisions but will also be collaborating with a cooperative team. Your role will grow with the organization as a core member of the product team and will have a meaningful impact on medicine.
- Develop Android application architecture for IoT device with features such as 1) integrating hardware sensor readings 2) consuming REST and GraphQL APIs 3) audio-visual-touch UI/UX.
- Develop and test code to ensure functionality from prototype to commercialization stage
- Ensure an easy-to-read and documented code base while monitoring and optimizing performance
- Work with software and hardware engineers and external suppliers to achieve necessary features within an Agile framework
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in Android app development (React Native experience required)
- Ability to write clear documentation for QA engineers and non-technical users
- Creating and expanding code tests
- Software development in a controlled release environment with versioning & source control
- Experience working with a quality system in a regulated industry is a plus
- Attributes: enthusiasm, decisiveness, adaptability to changing business requirements, self-starter.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English)
Required Education and Experience:
- BSc, BEng and/or MSc, PhD in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field and a tangible history working in a small team to executed projects from scratch
- 2+ years of experience in building commercialization ready Android applications
Why you should join InnaMed
InnaMed is a Y Combinator alum and VC-backed startup developing an at-home blood testing device with telehealth capabilities for patient monitoring and treatment guidance. See website to learn more (www.InnaMed.com).