Product Designer at Inspectify
About the role
At Inspectify, we are a YCombinator (S20) backed start-up building the leading marketplace for home inspections. Our software streamlines the inspection experience and creates the single most comprehensive data set of every single home. We operate in both the United States and Canada and partner with some of the most prominent and fastest growing real estate brokerages in the world.
We are looking for a product designer to come grow our design in terms of visuals, interactions, and user experience. You will be responsible for the mixture of design delivery, scale, as well as feature discovery of the Inspectify home inspection app, inspection marketplace, and homeowner experience and will work closely with every function to develop and launch new products and features. Our mission is to empower homeowners to discover and care for the home they love.
- Take new features from ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to production
- Design and improve our home inspection app and other products such as inspection marketplace and homeowner experience
- Establish yourself as a domain expert in the field for iterative implementation
- Lead research to identify areas of improvement and gather data/feedback
- Regularly present designs to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Be an advocate of all things visual including design system, illustrations, icons, marketing
- 2+ years work experience as a Product Designer or similar role
- Experience designing native mobile apps and web platforms
- Experience with user-centered design methods to solve problems
- Experience with building personas and user journeys through fast-paced research
- Experience working with an product, engineering, and other stakeholders
- Proficient or familiar with Figma. Quick to learn and hone expertise in the tool
- Bonus for past experience working on Real Estate Technologies or Real Estate Businesses
- Bachelor's degree
Why you should join Inspectify
At Inspectify, we are a Y Combinator (S20) and Seed funded start-up focused on helping transition eager homebuyers into empowered homeowners through our home ownership platform. We do so through leveraging proprietary home inspection data. Our vision is to make home ownership simple by empowering homeowners with data and software.