Head of Finance at Inspectify
About the role
At Inspectify, we are a YCombinator (S20) backed start-up building the leading marketplace for home inspections. Our software streamlines the inspection experience and creates the single most comprehensive data set of every single home. We operate in both the United States and Canada and partner with some of the most prominent and fastest growing real estate brokerages in the world.
We are looking for our first finance hire to help Inspectify grow and succeed. You will be responsible for our forecast, budget and accounting. You will work closely with the company officers to ensure proper management of the company finance, and accurate reporting to the boards of directors and investors.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Prepare budget for board meetings
- Prepare financial reports for the company and investors
- Manage registration and reporting with each states
- Manage payrolls and other day to day finance activities
- Manage external accounting firm and future internal accounting team.
- Develop with the engineering team the right reporting for the company revenues and expenses
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Able to navigate through ambiguity and find a clear path towards action items
- Proficiency in accounting software
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
- Bonus for past experience working through startup fundraising or M&A..
- Bonus for past Real Estate Technologies or Real Estate Businesses experience.
Why you should join Inspectify
At Inspectify, we are a Y Combinator (S20) and Seed funded start-up focused on helping transition eager homebuyers into empowered homeowners through our home ownership platform. We do so through leveraging proprietary home inspection data. Our vision is to make home ownership simple by empowering homeowners with data and software.