Senior Software Engineer at Inspectify
About the role
At Inspectify, we are a YCombinator (S20) backed start-up building the leading marketplace for home inspections. Our software streamlines the inspection experience and creates the single most comprehensive data set of every single home. We operate in both the United States and Canada and partner with some of the most prominent and fastest growing real estate brokerages in the world.
We are looking for a senior engineer to come help design and build our platform. Your responsibility will range from designing the architecture of our new system, building and releasing new products, and helping more junior team members learn and grow. You’ll help build the marketplace used by Home buyers to find Home inspectors and our Homeowner site to help them manage and keep their house in perfect condition.
- Build new features for our web portals (React and Rails) and mobile apps (React Native).
- Own all parts of the development process, including design, development, testing, and code review.
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies that would help Inspectify be more successful.
- Work closely with members of the Product, Operations, Sales and Customer Success team to find answers and solutions for our users and to make our team more efficient.
- Training and mentoring of future hires of the engineering team.
What you bring to the table:
- Good experience with backend technologies, particularly Ruby on Rails or some other similar backend technologies.
- Good understanding of web technology stacks, including browser caching, cookies, http request, security, and response mechanism, etc.
- Proficient in CSS and SASS is a plus.
- Hands-on experience building web and mobile applications using React and React Native is a plus.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to adjust quickly in a dynamic environment.
- 4+ years engineering experience.
Why you should join Inspectify
At Inspectify, we are a Y Combinator (S20) and Seed funded start-up focused on helping transition eager homebuyers into empowered homeowners through our home ownership platform. We do so through leveraging proprietary home inspection data. Our vision is to make home ownership simple by empowering homeowners with data and software.