Front-end Engineer at Inspectify
About the role
At Inspectify, we are a YCombinator (S20) backed start-up building the leading marketplace for home inspections. Our software streamlines the inspection experience and creates the single most comprehensive data set of every single home. We operate in both the United States and Canada and partner with some of the most prominent and fastest growing real estate brokerages in the world.
We are looking for a Front-end engineer to come help design and build our platform. You will take full responsibility over projects for our client facing technology: help build the marketplace used by Home buyers to find Home inspectors; help build the App to help the Home Inspector complete the inspections efficiently and with high quality; and finally build the Homeowner site to help them manage and keep their house in perfect condition.
- Build new features for our web portals (React) and mobile apps (React Native).
- Own all parts of the development process, including design, development, testing, and code review.
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies that would help Inspectify be more successful.
- Work closely with members of the Product, Operations, Sales and Customer Success team to find answers and solutions for our users and to make our team more efficient.
What you bring to the table:
- Hands on experience building web and mobile applications using React and React Native.
- Proficient in CSS and SASS, experience with CSS frameworks like bootstrap.
- Good understanding of web technology stacks, including browser caching, cookies, http request, security, and response mechanism, etc.
- Experience with backend technology like Ruby, Python or Java is a plus.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to adjust quickly in a dynamic environment.
- 1+ years engineering experience.
Why you should join Inspectify
At Inspectify, we are a Y Combinator (S20) and Seed funded start-up focused on helping transition eager homebuyers into empowered homeowners through our home ownership platform. We do so through leveraging proprietary home inspection data. Our vision is to make home ownership simple by empowering homeowners with data and software.