About the role
At Instawork, we strive to be the essential staffing engine for small to medium businesses. Our aspirations are global and we can only do this through hiring excellent people with flawless execution.
We help connect professionals to full-time, part-time, and temporary work opportunities. If you have a curious, passionate, and entrepreneurial spirit, come work with us.
We've been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
About the Job:
As a Platform Engineer, you will work in a small group that supports the entire engineering org by making sure we can scale our development practices and production systems. You can expect to:
- Develop & maintain shared APIs, libraries and frameworks
- Improve the performance and reliability of our services including databases, CI/CD pipeline, web services, and other integrations
- Monitor and scale our cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with other teams on security, automation, and internal tools
- Evaluate and develop new tools and technologies that can help achieve company-level goals
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years software development experience
- Industry experience programming with Python (preferred), JS, Ruby or other modern languages
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Neo4j
- Deployed cloud infrastructure and distributed systems on AWS
- Experience with Docker orchestration (ECS, k8s, etc)
- Familiarity with ETL & data pipelines is a nice-to-have
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
See what we’ve been up to on our blog: https://engineering.instawork.com/
Why you should join Instawork
Instawork is the on-demand staffing app for hospitality gigs. We quickly and reliably match businesses with nearby qualified workers. We’re excited to enable our Professionals, a new generation of the emerging, diverse workforce, to be a part of the growing gig economy.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.