About the role
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our on-demand staffing app allows warehouse, distribution, and other supply chain employers to connect with local skilled pros looking to take on additional shifts. The supply chain staffing industry is an antiquated $100 billion dollar market opportunity that is primed for disruption. Our technology allows for better matching between workers and employers and a world-class dispatching solution to ensure hiring targets far exceed the status quo.
Instawork delights thousands of businesses across the country and we are looking for supply chain sales pros to join the team. We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, CrunchFund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more. Leveraging our accelerated growth, we will continue to expand throughout the US and globally in order to revolutionize the labor market.
Position Overview Instawork is looking for a data-driven, intelligent and driven professional to join our team as a Sales Development Manager. The Sales Development Manager will play a critical role in the company’s success by developing the top of the sales funnel and mentoring our SDR team as they grow and progress throughout the organization. As a manager, you will lead a growing team of SDR’s, focused on developing well-qualified opportunities to expand our customer base
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach, develop, train, and grow a team of SDRs located throughout the United States
- Own and manage metrics and goals that help drive our monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals
- Continually optimize sales cadences, pitches, and collateral for optimal results
- Act as a true “leader-coach” and team player to drive process and performance improvement
- Foster an environment of continuous learning for our Sales Development Team
- Work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders in Business Development, Marketing, Sales, and Revenue Operations to continuously improve our client acquisition efforts
- Provide consistent visibility and insights into sales development activities, hand-off, dispositions, and outcomes by region, team, and individual
- With Sales Ops, maintain sales pipeline information in CRM, including sales opportunity details, contact data and call/meeting history
- Implement, improve and standardize key sales processes in service of driving consistent and repeatable motions that predictably drive revenue growth
- Partner with Marketing to build targeted outreach strategies and quickly follow-up with inbound leads
Qualifications and Skills
- Highly motivated and disciplined self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior management experience leading a outbound Sales Development team with a higher emphasis on calls at a fast-growing SaaS company
- Metrics-driven, with an analytical approach to solving business problems and coaching sales reps
- Experience building multithreaded campaigns across mid-enterprise organizations
- Creative and strategic approach to generating qualified leads
- Experience using Salesforce and a modern sales stack
- Experience creating career paths for SDRs in the past
- Strong analytical skills, including prior experience building data-driven teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and interact with stakeholders across multiple departments
- Bonus: The ideal candidate has experience with legal, process automation and/or sales enablement software
Instawork is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Why you should join Instawork
Instawork is the on-demand staffing app for hospitality gigs. We quickly and reliably match businesses with nearby qualified workers. We’re excited to enable our Professionals, a new generation of the emerging, diverse workforce, to be a part of the growing gig economy.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.