Head of Product, Growth
About the role
Instawork's goal is to be the essential staffing engine for all businesses that support the local workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our vision is to organize the world's labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water.
Whether it’s a light industrial or hospitality business, the Instawork team builds technology to connect people with what gigs they want. On our Product team, you will envision and execute on new products or product features in order to accelerate the trajectory of Gigs globally in a matter of months, not quarters.
We want every professional who can benefit from Instawork to try our experience. Once they’ve tried, we want to offer top-notch experiences using all levers in your arsenal (including marketplace) that keep them coming back.
As the Head of Product for Growth, you’ll lead a team of PMs, and work closely with Engineering, Data Science, Marketing and Design to build a holistic strategy for attracting and retaining as many Pros as you can. In pursuing strategy, you’ll launch features across the mobile and web apps, marketplace controls, and our broad suite of out of app communication channels.
- Create a high functioning growth team and growth engine, which prioritizes sustainable growth with focus across the engagement (from acquisition, activation, to retention and reactivation) and marketplace (unit economics, partner & professional long term experiences)
- Lead a cross-functional team including marketing, design, product management, engineering, and data science to develop growth features that optimize the conversion from an install to an engaged user with great gig matches
- Partner with head of Marketing to develop a roadmap on all aspects of the growth funnel and execute to achieve company targets
- Product Experience: Minimum 7+ years of product management experience delivering highly successful and innovative products that you're deeply proud of what you've accomplished
- Leadership Experience: Prior experience setting and delivering on a strategy you crafted, where you were accountable for the outcomes.
- Strategic: you can craft a coherent product vision, multi-year strategy and quarterly roadmap that your team and the business rallies behind.
- Business-minded: you are passionate about building businesses, not features. You not only own the user metrics but also own and optimize business performance metrics.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills and experience defining and understanding A/B testing, funnel analysis, conversion, consumer acquisition, retention and go-to-market strategies
- Technically proficient: you have collaborated with engineers in developing the technical architecture of the products you have built.
- Management: 3+ years of experience managing PMs
- Experience working on growth optimization and/or marketplaces
- Experience working on consumer-facing technology
- Experience deploying communications to email or push
- Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
- Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
- Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our on-demand staffing app allows warehouse, distribution, and other supply chain employers to connect with local skilled pros looking to take on additional shifts. The Light Industrial staffing is an antiquated $70 billion dollar market opportunity that is primed for disruption. Our technology allows for better matching between workers and employers and a world-class dispatching solution to ensure hiring targets far exceed the status quo.
Instawork delights thousands of businesses across the country and we are looking for supply chain sales pros to join the team. We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, Spark Capital, Google Ventures, among many more. Leveraging our accelerated growth, we will continue to expand throughout the US and globally in order to revolutionize the labor market.
Why you should join Instawork
Instawork is the on-demand staffing app for hospitality gigs. We quickly and reliably match businesses with nearby qualified workers. We’re excited to enable our Professionals, a new generation of the emerging, diverse workforce, to be a part of the growing gig economy.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.