QA Automation Engineer at Instawork
About the role
Our QA team at Instawork needs someone who is laser focused on raising the software quality bar. This person will have the technical skills to understand the work that is being done. They will be responsible for communicating across the engineering and product organizations to give visibility and organize the testing efforts, and to solidify best practices in testing activities across the organization.
What you'll do:
- Implement automation tests across both Web and Mobile (IOS & Android). We are willing to train people who have no automation experience but have strong programming skills.
- Manual testing and coverage for new features that have not yet been automated; Perform Black Box and White Box testing
- Manage and configure build servers used for running automation
- Work in collaboration with development team in continuous build & deployment process
- Create efficient test plans and maintain the test case repository as our product grows in functionality
- 2-4 years experience with UI Automation testing tools. Bonus for Mobile (iOS/Android) experience using Appium and Selenium
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge in Relational Database such as MySQL is preferred.
- Self-motivated, especially with respect to learning new software tools and best practices in software quality assurance.
- Startup mentality: self-starter, proactive, flexible.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Why you should join Instawork
Instawork is the on-demand staffing app for hospitality gigs. We quickly and reliably match businesses with nearby qualified workers. We’re excited to enable our Professionals, a new generation of the emerging, diverse workforce, to be a part of the growing gig economy.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.