Growth Associate at Instrumentl
About the role
Do you love testing and scaling hypotheses? Are you a relentless executor? Want to make a social impact while working in tech? Then this position is for you.
Instrumentl is looking for an intellectually curious Growth Associate to assist in scaling and optimizing multiple initiatives across our go-to-market teams.
In your first year, you will help further scale our events and community partnership efforts.
Instrumentl is a profitable, YC-backed startup that helps over 1,500 nonprofits from local homeless shelters to larger organizations like universities and hospitals be more effective and efficient with institutional fundraising.
Today, we do this by bringing discovery, tracking and grant management to one place, saving nonprofits time and helping them win more grants.
What You'll Do:
In your first year as a Growth Associate, your work will include but not be limited to:
- Overseeing a bi-weekly growing educational grant workshop series that has seen thousands of nonprofit professionals register since launch (March 2021), and scaling it to a weekly production
- Identifying, vetting and recruiting grant seeking experts to join our partner program
- Pitching and onboarding new affiliates to our partner program
- Assisting in maintaining and growing our content marketing calendar, as well as scaling company-wide SEO efforts
- Managing operational and administrative tasks related to ongoing growth efforts
- Testing hypotheses and collaborating with our Head of Growth on validating new opportunities
This is a unique role where you’ll get experience scaling a growing partners program, while also learning foundational growth sales & marketing skills.
The right candidate will be able to contribute across many areas in the company, and help define what their role is / where it will head over time. You’ll report directly to the Head of Growth.
We are fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone based in the continental US, but open as well to those flexible to Central Time standard working hours.
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of work experience: preferably at a SaaS company doing Growth, Sales, Customer Success, or Marketing related work. Alternatively, experience from investment banking or management consulting.
- Strong business acumen: you can answer unstructured business questions and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to drive projects to conclusion.
- Excellent analytical skills: you can spot a trend quickly and are highly comfortable conducting analysis with tools like Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Heap and Excel.
- Execution excellence: you do things right the first time, meet deadlines, stay organized, and are known for being incredibly dependable. It pains you to miss a goal or deadline.
- Resourcefulness: you are comfortable figuring things out on your own once given general direction and parameters for guidance.
- Tech savviness: you should feel highly comfortable with tools like G Suite, Zoom, Slack, Close.io and Canva. You love shortcuts and can name your favorites off the top of your head.
- Communication: you pride yourself on your ability to communicate complex topics easily over video and in writing.
- Friendly: you are warm and friendly, easy to work with and genuinely enjoy communicating with others.
- Bonus: experience working in early-stage startups and being comfortable (even thriving) with ambiguity.
- Bonus: experience with grants or in the nonprofit world.
- Bonus: experience working remotely.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (DOE) and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO policy, including parental leave
- Company laptop + $500 to set up your home workstation
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. We partner with incredible organizations doing meaningful work, and you get to help power their success.
You Should Apply If:
- You want to help nonprofits force multiply their ability to create impact
- You want to be the 15th employee at an early-stage startup, and the second member of the Growth team
- You thrive wearing multiple hats in fast-paced environments
- You exhibit a growth mindset every day and take feedback in stride
Ready to Apply?
Use our Google Form to submit a cover letter or 5-minute Loom video addressing:
- Your past experience related to the responsibilities of this job
- 3 traits and examples that make you an ideal candidate for this position
- Include the word timberwolves in your proposal to show you read this from start to finish
Along with your cover letter or Loom video, please attach your CV or resume.
At Instrumentl, we pride ourselves on building a diverse team from the ground up. Every role is an opportunity to teach, learn, and create some of your best work - if you’re excited to grow along with us, we encourage you to apply!
Why you should join Instrumentl
Instrumentl is a profitable, YC-backed startup with over 1,500 nonprofit clients, from local homeless shelters to larger organizations like the San Diego Zoo and the University of Alaska. We are building the future of fundraising automation, helping nonprofits to discover, track and manage grants efficiently through our SaaS platform.