Do you love crafting engaging digital experiences and using email to connect with people? Do you have a knack for testing and refining strategies to maximize results? How about making a social impact while working in tech? If so, this position is for you.
Who We Are:
Instrumentl is a profitable, hypergrowth YC-backed startup with over 3,000 nonprofit clients, from local homeless shelters to larger organizations like the San Diego Zoo and the University of Alaska. We are building the future of fundraising automation, helping nonprofits to discover, track, and manage grants efficiently through our SaaS platform.
Instrumentl is looking for an intellectually curious Email Marketer to scale and optimize multiple messaging initiatives across our go-to-market teams. We’re interested in candidates who think strategically, thrive on community engagement, and take every opportunity to improve existing processes.
As our Email Marketer, you'll take charge of planning, organizing, and executing impactful email marketing campaigns. Your primary objective is to drive demand, create meaningful connections, and foster community engagement through the power of email.
You’ll have significant ownership over email as a channel and the creative freedom to pitch new ideas and suggest ways to build a community. As a Growth team member, you'll work closely with:
- Will, Head of Growth
- Mia, Growth Strategist
- Ryan, Content Marketer
- Rachel, Events & Community Manager
- Emily, Growth Product Designer
Get to know us at instrumentl.com/about! We can’t wait to meet you.
We are fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone based in the continental US, but open to candidates who have substantial overlap with standard working hours in the Central Time Zone.
Why Join Instrumentl?
At Instrumentl, we are lucky to kick it every day with some of the nicest people in the world. No joke, our customers are often on the front lines saving endangered species, restoring watersheds, and educating kids. By helping nonprofits force multiply their ability to create impact, you’re helping them move the world forward.
You’ll be joining our small but mighty team, playing a huge role in shaping our culture for the years and teammates to come.
Instrumentl is evolving rapidly. You’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to grow in your role - you won’t be bored!
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute a comprehensive email marketing strategy aligned with overall marketing OKRs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure cohesive integration of email campaigns with other marketing channels
- Create compelling and relevant content for email campaigns, including copywriting, visuals, and multimedia elements
- Utilize subscriber data to segment audiences effectively and personalize email content for maximum impact
- Further scale current email efforts to introduce thematic newsletters and build meaningful journeys for subscribers
- Implement A/B testing strategies to optimize email performance and engagement rates
- Monitor and analyze key email marketing metrics, and continuously improve your approach
- Support the sales team with reviewing and refining emails or prospect nurturing sequences
- Generate regular reports to track and measure the success of email campaigns against established KPIs
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of full-time work experience: you have been part of a Growth or Marketing team, preferably at a SaaS company. You have a proven track record of growing email lists and results to show. We are prioritizing experienced hires.
- Strong business acumen: you can answer unstructured business questions and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to drive projects to conclusion.
- Excellent analytical skills: you spot trends quickly, and are highly comfortable with tracking KPIs and applying A/B testing methodologies to experiment with different elements in email campaigns (subject lines, content, visuals)
- Clear communication: you pride yourself on your ability to communicate complex topics easily in person (or on video) and in writing.
- Effective execution: you work efficiently, meet deadlines, stay organized, and have a reputation for being incredibly dependable. It pains you to miss a goal or milestone.
- Resourcefulness: you are able to conduct research and figure out solutions to new problems, given general direction and guidance.
- Tech savviness: you love using tools like Mailer Lite, G Suite, Zoom, Slack, Close.io, and Canva. You’re a fan of shortcuts and can name your favorites off the top of your head.
- Growth mindset: you’re a self-motivated learner, and you welcome the chance to exchange constructive feedback with colleagues.
- Friendly demeanor: you are warm and approachable, easy to work with, and genuinely enjoy connecting with others.
- Bonus: experience working in early-stage startups and being comfortable (even thriving!) with ambiguity.
- Bonus: experience in the nonprofit sector, especially with grants.
Compensation & Benefits
- $70K-$90K/year salary and equity, depending on experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO policy, including parental leave
- Company laptop + stipend to set up your home workstation
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. We partner with incredible organizations doing meaningful work, and you get to help power their success.
Ready to Apply?
Submit a cover letter or 5-minute Loom video addressing:
- Your past experience related to the responsibilities of this job 3 traits (and examples) that make you an ideal candidate for this position
- Include the word timberwolves in your proposal to show you read this from start to finish!
- Along with your cover letter or Loom video, please attach your CV or resume.
At Instrumentl, we pride ourselves on building a diverse team from the ground up. Every role is an opportunity to teach, learn, and create some of your best work - if you’re excited to grow along with us, we encourage you to apply!