About the role
Instrumentl is growing our team! We are hiring a Customer Onboarding Specialist to be the face of the brand for prospective customers during 1:1 concierge onboarding & sales experiences. This person will shape of future and strategy of sales at Instrumentl and will work directly with the CEO.
Instrumentl is a profitable, YC-backed startup helping over 1,200 nonprofits from local homeless shelters to larger organizations like universities and hospitals. Instrumentl helps nonprofits and grant writers go from using tons of tools to just one tool for their discovery, tracking and management of grants, so that they can win more grants and save time.
You’ll be speaking to busy Executive Directors, Development Directors, Grants Managers, and professional grant writing consultants. We’ll expect you to convey warmth, kindness and competence in your approach. These folks are out there raising money to achieve their missions and you’ll help them leverage Instrumentl to get there faster.
The Instrumentl team is fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone based in the continental US.
- Experience: 2+ years experience in high-velocity customer-facing role, eg sales, customer success, onboarding, implementation at a SaaS or technology company
- Tech savviness: You have used tools like G Suite, Zoom, Slack, Close.io and pride yourself at how quickly you can pick up new tools
- Empathy: You are driven to solve the actual, underlying problem for customers, especially problems that go unsaid.
- Ambitious: You have a growth mindset and approach new challenges with enthusiasm
- Communication: You pride yourself on your ability to communicate complex topics easily in person and in writing
- Friendly: You are warm and friendly and genuinely enjoy communicating with others
- Bonus: experience selling into the nonprofit market
- Bonus: experience working in institutional fundraising for nonprofits
- Bonus: experience working in a startup environment
- Bonus: experience working remotely
Things You Will Do
Instrumentl is a startup so you’ll get your hands dirty in a little bit of everything. That said, here are some of the things you’ll work on:
- Become an expert on institutional fundraising
- Take 120-160 30-min onboardings per month
- Upgrade our customers’ institutional fundraising workflows and help them love the Instrumentl brand
- Experiment with new onboarding flows and sales pitches to accelerate growth
- Follow up with prospects and be highly responsive to their questions
- Support the Revenue team in defining and setting our overall sales strategy
- Provide design and product input to the first time user experience
Why join Instrumentl
At Instrumentl we are lucky to kick it everyday with some of the nicest people in the world. No joke, our customers are often on the front lines saving endangered species, restoring watersheds and educating kids. In helping them take advantage of Instrumentl’s technology, you’re helping them advance their missions.
You’ll be the 10th member of our small but mighty team and play a huge role in shaping our culture and processes for the years and teammates to come. Instrumentl is growing and changing rapidly. You’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to grow in your role - you won’t be bored!
Compensation & Benefits
$60k OTE, expected $80k+ earnings, uncapped commission, equity Competitive salary and stock options Health, dental, and vision insurance Unlimited vacation policy Laptop + $500 to set up your home workstation Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. We partner with some of the best nonprofits doing the most meaningful work and you get to help them be more successful.