C++ Software Engineer at Iris Automation
About the role
Iris Automation Inc is building an AI-based collision avoidance system that helps drones see the world how pilots do. By enabling Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to fly Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS), Iris is the critical missing piece that takes commercial drone operations from theoretical to functional. The company is based in San Francisco and is led by a team with experience at NASA, Boeing, and Nvidia, including PhDs in computer vision. Iris is a key partner on multiple FAA UAS Integration Pilot Programs, a participant of NASA's Unmanned Traffic Management program and a participant of Transport Canada's BVLOS Technology Demonstration Program.
About the Role:
As a C++ Software Engineer, you will be instrumental in the Engineering team to implement the backbone of the Iris Collision Avoidance System. If working on wicked problems with passion, versatility, and an interdisciplinary mindset excites you, our team could be the next step in your career!
- Develop core embedded flight software for unmanned aircraft.
- Build and improve internal tools for handling flight data.
- Design and develop complex and latency-optimized software in C++.
- Deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews.
- 2+ years of professional experience, and a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in a related field (computer engineering/science).
- Proficiency in writing clean, well organized C++ code with appropriate abstraction boundaries.
- Prior experience with Linux and Bash scripting.
- Proficiency developing modular and multi-threaded software architectures.
- Practical knowledge of automated test environments and software testing best practices.
- Prior experience with ROS, GPU programming/CUDA.
- Ability to prototype and design with Python.
- Prior experience working with cameras and other sensing technologies in embedded environments.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability.
- Paid parental leave to spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family.
- Unlimited PTO and 10 U.S. holidays.
- Commuter benefits with company contribution.
- Health and Wellness reimbursement.
- Annual Learning and Development stipend.
- Personal workspace stipend.
- Healthy snacks and beverages all day long.
- Twice weekly lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join Iris Automation
Iris Automation engineers are at the center of our core mission: building state of the art technologies that enable drones and autonomous vehicles to perceive, understand, and navigate the world we live in. As a meaningful member of a motivated, creative, and talented team, you design, build, and integrate the crucial hardware that our groundbreaking computer vision and machine learning algorithms rely on. If working on wicked problems with passion, versatility, and an interdisciplinary mindset excites you, our team could be the next step in your career.