Senior Frontend Engineer at Iron Ox
About the role
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population.
Our mission at Iron Ox is dedicated to addressing some of the most significant issues in food security, now and in the future. We’re focused on sustainable, scalable food production for a changing climate and an ever-growing population.
Who We’re Looking For
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will join the Software team to help realize our vision for an optimized, intelligent farm. As part of our team, you will lead our efforts to architect, design, implement and test features in our frontend as well as mentor other developers. You will play a key role in our efforts to develop, deploy, and maintain production-quality code that controls the robots and surfaces farm information. Some examples of systems you may work on include: controlling and visualizing the robots on the farm map, scheduling and batching farm tasks, visualizing farm KPIs via charts and graphs, and providing diagnostic tools for operations and engineers such as Webviz.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer who cares about the craft of coding and system architecture. A knack for visual design and proficiency of Python and backend systems are a big plus but not required. This is a great position for a Software Engineer who is interested in learning more about farming and robotics.
What You'll Do
- Own, architect, and implement software systems for controlling robots and displaying farm data.
- Improve our software practices by providing guidance through architecture designs, design and code reviews
- Work with product, backend, grow and operation teams to identify needs, gather requirements and compile requirement documents
- Integrate and test software with backend, simulation and on physical robots
- Work with and mentor software engineering team members
- Help build an amazing software team by participating in our hiring process
- Ability to occasionally commute to our farm in Gilroy to work on our robots
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience writing automated tests
- Excellent collaborative, communication, and documentation skills
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience in Python, backend systems and databases
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- An interest in agriculture
What We Offer
- Iron Ox is a small startup with a big dream. You’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity package
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
We are a mission-driven and well-funded startup, backed by the likes of YCombinator, Pathbreaker Ventures, and Crosslink Capital. We are headquartered in San Carlos, CA with our primary production greenhouse facility located in Gilroy, CA.
Iron Ox is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note: Iron Ox does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Iron Ox employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Iron Ox.
Why you should join Iron Ox
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to make fresh produce accessible to everyone!
Interested in helping feed people using advanced robotics and machine learning? Come join us. We're a team of ex-Google[x] and Willow Garage engineers developing a fully automated robotic farm to make the highest quality produce accessible to everyone.