EDA / Auto-Router Engineer (Machine Learning) at JITX
About the role
JITX is a way to design circuit boards faster and with fewer errors. Instead of manually drafting and reviewing one-off designs, write code to generate your designs.
Our AI- powered solvers handle the low -level details ,and make your engineering work massively reusable.
Our vision at JITX is to automate hardware design for the benefit of science and the welfare of humanity.
JITX is a team that is building next generation software to help companies design better electronics. Dedicated to solving difficult problems with huge impact, our first step is to automate circuit board design.
Place and Route Engineer
JITX is looking for expertise in Algorithmics, Optimization, Computational Geometry and will be assisting senior engineers in implementing place and route optimization.
Strong production level code in C/ C++ with ample principles in Machine Learning to include, but not limited to:
- Navigate circuit board issues, within Pin assignment, Placing, and Routing.
- Study auto-routing problems, placement, and formulation as graph problems, and search problems.
- Identifying the right representation for the main algorithm.
- Evaluate literature and choose good machine learning algorithms, formulation, and representations for graphs, in supervised learning and reinforcement learning problems.
- Design metrics and visualization to investigate whether methodology is working.
- Participate in a high quality code and testing software culture, involving testing, peer reviews, code reviews, and more.
- Write maintainable and well organized code and ease with correctly implementing own sophisticated algorithms.
- We use our own language, called Stanza. Similar tech stack - Java or C++, Python, Go, Lisp, OCaml, Haskell
- Education: PhD or MS EE or CS or Applied Mathematics or Computational Geometry or comparable education.
POST-COVID WORK PLAN
This role will need to be local within the California Bay Area. JITX will continue to be flexible in the Post- Covid Work Plan but this role will be asked to join certain team members on a weekly basis in a South Bay Satellite Office and likely once (or twice) a month in our Berkeley office.
Why you should join JITX
JITX was founded with the mission to fully automate hardware design to advance science and the welfare of humanity. Our vision is to transform the hardware industry by building a hardware development platform where users just specify design goals and have all the detailed engineering handled by automated software. Located in Berkeley, CA, we are a profitable seed-stage startup, backed by Sequoia Capital and Y Combinator. We’re building the tool that engineers have wanted for a long time. Come help us do it!