Algorithmic Design Engineer at JITX
About the role
JITX is a way to design circuit boards faster, better, and with fewer errors. Instead of manually drafting and reviewing one-off designs, write code to generate designs programmatically. Our AI-powered solvers handle the low-level details, and make your engineering work massively reusable. Our vision at JITX is to automate hardware design for the benefit of science and the welfare of humanity. JITX is a team that is building next generation software to help companies design better electronics. Dedicated to solving difficult problems with huge impact, our first step is to automate circuit board design.
Algorithmic Design Engineer
- Hands-on algorithmic engineer within software development with an emphasis in any of the following physical design, auto-routing, deep learning algorithms, computational geometry.
- Influence in technical design and be able to estimate and negotiate scope on really hard sets of deep learning and algorithmic problems.
- Works with our Placement and Routing team to achieve full end-to-end automation of circuit board design. Strong creativity and problem formulation skills required.
- Complex algorithmic problems need to be formulated as tractable optimization and learning problems.
- Ability to solve and communicate through dynamic programming on trees, using optimal substructure property and memoisation to include the ability to break down tree problems into overlapping sub-problems which follow the optimal substructure.
- Capable of both designing and implementing traditional exact solvers, and also learning-based approaches such as trained surrogates for optimization.
- Experience with discrete optimization and combinatorics/search problems and their continuous relaxations.
- Strong knowledge in mathematical programming and optimization techniques.
- Perform analysis, able to test own code, identify bugs, and resolve in a small, fast coding environment.
- Education: PhD, MS, or BS in Computational Geometry, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or comparable education.
POST-COVID WORK PLAN
This role will need to be local within the California Bay Area. JITX will continue to be flexible in the Post- Covid Work Plan but this role will be asked to join certain team members on a weekly basis in a South Bay Satellite Office and likely once (or twice) a month in our Berkeley office.
Why you should join JITX
JITX was founded with the mission to fully automate hardware design to advance science and the welfare of humanity. Our vision is to transform the hardware industry by building a hardware development platform where users just specify design goals and have all the detailed engineering handled by automated software. Located in Berkeley, CA, we are a profitable seed-stage startup, backed by Sequoia Capital and Y Combinator. We’re building the tool that engineers have wanted for a long time. Come help us do it!