Account Management Lead at Jopwell
About the role
Jopwell represents and advances careers for Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals. Jopwell partners with companies of all sizes and across all industries to connect our community members with meaningful job opportunities. We work with the world's leading employers including, Facebook, Google, Amazon, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Pinterest, WeWork, Spotify, the PGA of America, USTA, and many others.
We are looking for an Account Management Lead to join the Client Success team and act as a trusted adviser to our clients. In this role, you’ll support our Enterprise clients and the team that services them in their efforts to attract, engage, and connect talented diverse professionals with career advancement opportunities. This is an exciting chance to make a measurable impact in the world of diversity recruitment through technology and exceptional client service at some of the country’s top companies, including Goldaman Sachs, Salesforce, American Express, Bloomberg and more.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all roles are remote until further notice. This role is based in New York City or remote.
- Build, lead, and optimize the growing Account Management team in partnership with the Senior Director of Client Success.
- Influence the future lifetime value of clients through higher product adoption, client satisfaction, and overall health scores.
- Develop and empower your team to execute account-based strategies to retain and grow existing client revenue.
- Partner with the team and Senior Director to create a repeatable model to scale account management operations sustainably.
- Revise, document, and empower your team to execute on all phases of the client journey, including: onboarding, quarterly business reviews, ongoing client success, renewal, and expansion touch points.
- Produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of performance metrics.
- Analyze internal data to identify, communicate, and act upon both risks and opportunities.
- Proactively drive data-driven, account-focused campaigns to increase client engagement and product adoption.
- Act as a sounding board and problem solving partner for the Account Management team.
- Collaborate with the Client Success leads for Professional and Campus recruitment to ensure team cohesiveness and strategic account management.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Client Success to serve as the voice of the client by surfacing key trends and insights back to our product, engineering, operations, and leadership teams.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Client Success to define the growth and hiring strategy for the Account Management team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years professional experience
- 3+ years of experience in sales or account management
- 2+ years of people management experience in leading and growing a team
- Experience managing a book of client relationships from post-sale through renewal.
- Curiosity, proactivity, and a client-centric mindset.
- Problem solving and data-driven decision making
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate difficult conversations
- A bias for action and ability to work effectively amongst ambiguity.
- The ability to effectively balance competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, eager to learn and expand the Jopwell business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v look-up)
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Passion for Jopwell’s mission
- Experience working in the talent development/talent management industry
- Experience with SaaS sales
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity - every employee is an owner!
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Apple laptop computer
- Regular Learning & Development Opportunities
Learn more about Jopwell:
Jopwell is currently a team of 58 full-time employees based in NYC. We’ve secured $15M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, and Magic Johnson Enterprises.
We’ve also been featured extensively by both print and digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, and NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 and Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes, Inc. Magazine, LinkedIn, and Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as “30 Under 30” award recipients.
J_opwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws._
Why you should join Jopwell
Jopwell’s mission is to make a substantial, measurable impact on increasing Black, Latinx, and Native American representation in the workforce. Jopwell strives to build inclusive workplaces where our members can bring their authentic selves to work. We do this by assisting companies with their recruitment, marketing, and retention efforts for communities of color.