About the role
Are you passionate about prepping kids for life and inspiring the next generation of engineers, designers, and builders? Juni is a massively distributed university for kids, starting with Computer Science. We bring the best instructors, curriculum and platform to students around the world who want to prepare for the future. Juni is backed by Y Combinator and angel investors including Arielle Zuckerberg, and the company was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, and TechCrunch. Our team was founded by two Stanford alumni and ex-Googlers, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
We are hiring a Data Scientist to help track core company performance and help us set and deliver on KPIs. We’re looking for amazing folks who both love connecting with people and taskmasters who design and own data-driven processes.
- You are responsible for owning the data pipelines and analytics of the team, identifying KPIs and monitoring performance, and helping the CEO, business operations team, and marketing team set company-wide targets.
- Audit and improve current data analytics dashboards and financial models, build new dashboards and key in on important metrics other team members need to focus on.
- Proactively drive for process improvements based on data analysis - recommend improvements, spec out new processes and project manage implementation with teams (may be across operations team, customer support, sales or more).
- Drive setting company-wide OKRs based on capacity planning and annual targets.
- Review and recommend tools and process changes as needed and as the team scales.
- Openness to taking on projects outside of job description - additional projects could include:
- Student acquisition channel performance monitoring and recommendations, research on best tracking methodologies and specifying requirements for engineering team (everything from Facebook budget performance, SEO traffic etc)
- Sales metrics analytics and commission payouts based on performance, building repeatable processes to standardize reporting
- If you're interested - curriculum development for our data science / Python courses, potentially even building a Machine Learning course.
- At least 5 years experience in an analytics, data science, or operations role (many spreadsheets, detailed research, deploying solutions to independently)
- SQL experience required, Excel and Python nice to have
- Experience working directly with cross-functional teams to identify key KPIs, build dashboards, and create recommendations based on rigorous analysis
- B.A. or B.S. in Marketing, Economics, Finance, Business, Computer Science, or a related field
- Focused on hitting weekly and monthly targets with a demonstrated track record.
- Strong ethical and honest approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organized and detail-oriented. You love spreadsheets and checking off items in a todo list.
- Self-driven to manage your own work and results with high standards.
- Represents Juni professionally with parents, students, external organizations, and within the team.
- Openness to change and feedback, and quick to adapt to new systems.
- Team player and collaborates with others constructively and positively.
- Based in San Francisco or willing to relocate to San Francisco
- Work authorization in the US.
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance.
Why you should join Juni
Are you passionate about inspiring the next generation of engineers, designers, and builders? Juni is a membership-driven learning platform designed to help each student discover and pursue their passions with joy. The company offers award-winning curriculums in Computer Science, Math, and English for students 7-18 taught by near-peer instructors from top universities and access to a global community. Through project-centered courses, best-in-class technology, and the power of community, Juni’s varied learning experiences prepare students for their best future.
Juni is backed by Forerunner Ventures, Index Ventures, Y Combinator Co-founder Jessica Livingston, Arielle Zuckerberg, and more. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, WSJ, Fast Company and TechCrunch.