Instructor Recruitment Strategy & Operations Associate
About the role
Are you passionate about defining high-impact growth strategies, streamlining processes, and helping college students and recent graduates find a career fit they'll love? Juni Learning is a massively distributed university for kids. We bring the best instructors, curriculum and platform to students around the world who want to prepare for the future. Juni is backed by Y Combinator and angel investors including Arielle Zuckerberg, and the company was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, and TechCrunch. Our team was founded by two Stanford alumni and ex-Googlers, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
The Juni Operations Team is focused on developing and executing an enterprise-wide strategy that proactively positions the company for growth. Juni works with hundreds of amazing students and instructors from across the nation, and this team works with the executive leadership team to understand supply and demand capacity needs, identify short & long-term growth opportunities, and communicate them across hundreds of instructors and thousands of students.
We are hiring a Strategy & Operations Associate to help us reach more students and families worldwide. We work with hundreds of amazing instructors from across the nation and this team drives our supply. We're looking for a strategic planner who enjoys designing and owning data-driven processes, but also loves launching creative solutions to innovate how we attract instructors. The right fit for this role is a driven person who enjoys thinking of creative solutions to support a best-in-class (pun intended) experience for our Juni community and leading those key initiatives to fruition. You will report directly to the supply operations team leader and collaborate on company-wide targets with the rest of the team.
This is a unique opportunity for top performers seeking a high-impact, high-visibility role with the opportunity to influence the future course of Juni, the thousands of students who love our courses, and the passionate instructors who enjoy inspiring others to learn.
- Define the instructor growth strategy to help source and attract top-notch instructors to Juni
- Own implementation of the top-of-funnel recruitment strategy for attracting new instructors, which includes but is not limited to: defining the prospective instructor company branding, strategically managing recruitment platforms and referral channels, designing a campus ambassador program, and managing other marketing/publicity channels
- Plan, scope, and execute 3-5 key cross-functional projects/initiatives across the instructor team to support a best-in-class experience for our instructors
- Lead data-driven analysis and performance testing of hiring processes; create ways to improve conversion with a keen focus on ROI
- Own tracking and reporting of metrics to support the instructor side of the business and run campaigns to meet those goals; present reporting/metrics data to co-founders and upper level management
- Contribute to quarterly strategic planning efforts by scoping project opportunities and presenting to senior management
- Collaborate across the supply operations team to create scalable processes for instructor hiring, onboarding, activation, and training
- Optimize landing pages and drive conversion through to application
- Support other hiring/training/activation activities as needed down the funnel to help support a great instructor experience
- Own meaningful components of our long-term scaling strategy to hire and equip hundreds of instructors monthly to teach
- Serve as a creative and innovative thought-leader for Juni
- Manage a team who loves boba tea and lifting each other up to be successful as a unified group!
- 3-5+ years of experience in strong business analyst/operations/recruitment marketing/growth roles (preferably in management consulting or tech); experience in education or a marketplace company is a plus
- B.A. or B.S. ideally in Business/Economics or a related field
- Focused on hitting weekly and monthly targets with a demonstrated track record
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and forward-looking, creative thinker
- Experience in managing large cross functional projects from start to finish
- Self-driven to manage your own work and results with high standards
- Ability to effectively convey critical information and influence decision making processes at all levels of the organization – from senior executives to front-line employees
- Experience shifting priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Team player and collaborates with others constructively and positively
- Strong ethical and honest approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organized and detail-oriented
- Represents Juni professionally with parents, students, external organizations, and within the team
- Openness to change, and quick to adapt to new systems
- Based in San Francisco or open to relocation, work authorization in the US
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance
Why you should join Juni
Are you passionate about inspiring the next generation of engineers, designers, and builders? Juni is a membership-driven learning platform designed to help each student discover and pursue their passions with joy. The company offers award-winning curriculums in Computer Science, Math, and English for students 7-18 taught by near-peer instructors from top universities and access to a global community. Through project-centered courses, best-in-class technology, and the power of community, Juni’s varied learning experiences prepare students for their best future.
Juni is backed by Forerunner Ventures, Index Ventures, Y Combinator Co-founder Jessica Livingston, Arielle Zuckerberg, and more. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, WSJ, Fast Company and TechCrunch.