Founding Product Designer at Juniper
About the role
We're Juniper, an early-stage startup building vertical SaaS for behavioral health, starting in autism. We care a ton about impact, which is why we're tackling what we believe to be one of the biggest problems out there today. The lack of supply in behavioral health means that those who need it most can no longer get access to care - so we want you to join us on our journey to make behavioral health more available and accessible for all. Read more about what we're doing here: https://bit.ly/juniper-recruiting
About the role
We are excited to hire the first designer to join our team! We’re looking for mission-driven designers who care about creating positive impact (this is the most important aspect!), love problem-solving, and will thrive in the fast-paced start-up life. We believe deeply that especially in a field like healthcare, where so much technology is outdated, design is a critical aspect in building products that will truly have impact.
As the first designer on the team, you'll be working on:
- Solving critical and complex design challenges for a wide range of user profiles
- Owning the end-to-end design process for simple, beautiful, and accessible user experiences and interfaces, incorporating customer research, vision, and business objectives
- Collaborating closely with product and engineering to conduct customer research and build/iterate on product, design, and implementation together
- Creating user flows/journeys, wire frames, prototypes, and informing strategic product decisions
- Producing comprehensive mock-ups, design specifications, and documentation for implementation
- Creating a brand identity and visual guides from scratch
- 2+ years working in Product Design (e.g., UX/UI)
- Proficiency with design tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch)
- Comfortability with design in a 0-to-1 environment; excitement about building and designing from scratch
- Experience working in health-care or other highly regulated industries
- Experience designing for startups
- General knowledge of web vitals and metrics (e.g., Content Layout Shift, Largest Contentful Paint, etc.)
We’ll be based in New York City post pandemic and have a preference for in person, but are willing to consider remote in certain timezones.
Why you should join Juniper
We’re a well capitalized, YC backed startup trying to make behavioral health better and more accessible. We’re a team that’s deep in healthcare (we were healthcare consultants at McKinsey) and tech (the entire cofounding team is technical, having studied CS at Harvard, Columbia, and Cornell).