Full-Stack Software Engineering Intern
About the role
Hopping onboard our engineering team, you’ll dive right into our TypeScript/Kotlin stack and contribute to making foundational decisions around our architecture. You should be excited about building human-centered products from the ground up. You’ll have the opportunity to marry operations with data to create the most personalized predictive experience for our hundreds of homes in San Francisco.
Learn more about our engineering here: https://starship.jupiter.co/jupiter-stack/
- Building out a seamless, beautiful customer experience with React, TypeScript, Redux, GraphQL, and/or Swift that feels comfortable and effortless for our customers.
- Helping to build out our backend (Kotlin with gRPC on Kubernetes) beyond handling the thousands of items that our fulfillment teams process every single day.
- Helping to shape our devops/infra with Bazel, Terraform, and beyond to streamline our CI/CD pipeline from commit to deploy.
- Working on supercharging our data stack with predictive analytics, machine learning, and recommender systems.
You might be a great fit if you...
- Are enthusiastic about learning and diving deeply into new, unfamiliar technologies
- Are excited about taking a customer-facing product from conception to execution
- Are thrilled about tackling challenging, gnarly technical problems around data, predictive modeling, discrete optimization, and/or operations
- Care about writing clean, well-documented code and appreciate static typing
- Enjoy working with a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Are excited about reinventing the online grocery experience, starting with working families
Why you should join Jupiter
At Jupiter, we’re on an (ambitious) mission to eliminate personal food waste by putting groceries on autopilot. We’re based in San Francisco and backed by Khosla Ventures, NFX, and Y Combinator (S19 batch).
Our goal is to make the experience of buying groceries as seamless as paying for running water. By keeping track of our customers’ consumption habits and product preferences, we aim to play a role in reducing the 8 million tons of food that go to waste every year due to spoilage by building the most personalized, comfortable grocery experience for working families.