Growth Lead at Jupiter
About the role
About Jupiter's vision 🔮
As a society spent the last decade solving delivery and bringing the physical grocery store online. What we missed is the simple fact that food was already online in the form of content in food communities, blogs and forums. In fact, food makes up a large portion of the social media content we consume today.
At Jupiter, we are pioneering food media & content shopping in the US, and in doing so we're building the next version of grocery shopping. In this new version, customers will create, share and shop content directly from food communities where they find affinity. They'll be able to easily plan their meals and shop for ingredients in a single click, as well as share cooking tips with others — a 10x better way to shop that can only exist online.
We use data science and machine learning to automate the repetitive nature of grocery shopping and we’ve created a social shopping experience that is unique to the world of food. Join us on our mission to build magical food experiences that are convenient, healthy & fun!
About the role 💫
As our first growth hire, you'll have the opportunity to build the growth engine for Jupiter, one of the most important aspects of our business:
- Develop Jupiter's growth engine across product and marketing to expand the Jupiter user base to 100K
- Monitor and analyze CAC, retention and LTV for all growth initiatives to uncover where to invest and where to descope
- Oversee and drive growth across all stages of the funnel, lead generation, conversion, retention and referrals
- Partner with product team in designing proprietary growth loops
- Set up a structured process to continually come up with growth experiments, prioritize them and design them efficiently for learning
- A/B test new and unique ideas based on a deep understanding of data to improve conversion rates, CTR, CPA, ROI, and other success metrics
- Lead forecasting and tracking for all growth efforts. Create and maintain centralized analytics dashboards.
- Recruit, manage, and invest in talent to build a best-in-class Growth team, including engineers, marketers and product managers.
- Work closely with our co-founder and CEO to set the growth roadmap
About you 👩🚀
You’re a self-starter, creative thinker, and problem-solver who is able to self-prioritize and multi-task. Your ability to test/ experiment is your superpower and you’ve used it in the past to take companies from 0 to $50mm+
- You have 3+ years of growth experience (product + marketing)
- You’ve worked previously at a company with a product-led growth strategy, and are excited to apply a proven playbook on a new environment
- You thrive taking risks and prefer to go after moonshots, rather than focusing on optimization
- As a full stack Growth professional, you have some basic knowledge of Performance Marketing (you're knowledgeable enough to collaborate effectively with that team)
- You're passionate about the potential of social shopping in a category like groceries, and are excited to design viral loops that bring CAC down to almost $0
- You're a detail-oriented and organized thinker, and are passionate about developing systems/ processes for growth
- You have a strong sense of ownership and you're comfortable driving the entire execution of our growth efforts
- You have a strong data analysis toolbox, including experience with Excel and SQL (or appetite and ability to learn)
- You have experience leading teams and working cross-functionally
- You have a no task too small mentality, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done
Why you should join Jupiter
At Jupiter, we’re on an (ambitious) mission to eliminate personal food waste by putting groceries on autopilot. We’re based in San Francisco and backed by Khosla Ventures, NFX, and Y Combinator (S19 batch).
Our goal is to make the experience of buying groceries as seamless as paying for running water. By keeping track of our customers’ consumption habits and product preferences, we aim to play a role in reducing the 8 million tons of food that go to waste every year due to spoilage by building the most personalized, comfortable grocery experience for working families.