Customer/Sales Development Representative at Just Appraised
About the role
Salary: $30-60k USD +Equity +Benefits (base and commission)
Must be based in USA or Canada
We're building software to help public servants in county governments save time and money by using AI to streamline processing of real estate sales. This matters because property taxes drive local government revenues and support the services that power society.
We are actively looking for a teammate that can be the customer development and sales hero our company needs. This role will give you a comprehensive education in user research, sales planning, and sales execution. You will collaborate as part of the Sales Team at Just Appraised to bring in new clients for the company.
This is a full-time fully-remote opportunity to join a growing government technology company. We’re looking for a teammate who is extremely curious and communicative while also having a process- and detail-oriented approach to solving problems. This role is for people who are not afraid of hearing no and have the perseverance to continue learning in the face of adversity.
- Manage a sales funnel and handle cold calling efforts to drum up new business by making outbound calls, qualifying leads and scheduling demos
- Prospect and identify key decision-makers to lay the foundation for a strong, long-lasting relationship
- Use a value-oriented consultative approach to listen to prospective customers and educate them on how Just Appraised can assist their operations
- Work closely with our Sales Team to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Synthesize and communicate all interview learnings from prospective customers with the team
- Suggest new product ideas based on customer conversations and derived insights
- Track sales progress with speed and accuracy in the organization’s CRM database
- Represent yourself professionally in all interactions with prospects and clients
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of qualified opportunities
What you’ll Learn
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about entrepreneurship while building up a sales toolkit. You’ll get the opportunity to join a growing sales team and learn about sales strategy, tactics, while also getting exposure to the product management, sales strategy and decision-making processes that take place in early stage companies.
What We Value
- Prior experience interacting with either stakeholders, customers, students on a daily basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter that can work independently, as well as in a small team environment.
Nice to have
- 1+ years of experience selling technology-based solutions
- Technical knowledge (not necessarily a formal degree)
- Passion for the public sector
We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive environment. We are looking for teammates who care about encouraging different points of view, engaging in healthy debate, and want to work on the hard skills of practicing inclusion on a daily basis.
Why you should join Just Appraised
Our goal is to empower local government employees with the tools, technology, and support they need so they can deliver exceptional service to their taxpayers and feel proud of the work they do for their communities. We contribute by building software to streamline local government tax assessors’ workflows using AI. Specifically, we streamline the change of ownership process for real estate and create more seamless ways for tax offices to communicate digitally with their taxpayers.
For instance, when properties get bought and sold, local governments have to process reams of paper in order to update their systems and perform the analyses necessary to update the tax roll. Our software makes this process 10x faster and much more enjoyable for employees in the tax office to complete, and creates trust and goodwill in the minds of taxpayers.